• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler WTF!?! What Sword is That?!?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I was watching the "new" Skyward Sword trailer, and when Link is fighting Ghirahim in what looks like Skyloft's ruins, Link appears to be using the sword he has before he gets the Skyward Sword and his green tunic... This confused me deaply in terms of when that scene took place.

Capturehihui.jpg

Tell me what you think, because I'm really confused :(

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Maybe it's the Skyward Sword, it's just hard to be sure from that angle. Or maybe it's the Skyward SWord after it becomes the Master Sword. Or maybe I'm wrong on both accounts.

Wouldn't the Master Sword look like what we saw at E3 2010?

web.jpg
Capturehihui.jpg

This is Link's first sword, so that we can compare them...

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm wondering why Link would be using that sword after aquiring the Skyward, or even the Master Sword...

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Um, I think this could be another sword. If you look close enough at the picture, it looks too gray to be the Master Sword and too dark to be the Skyward Sword.

We still don't know whether you start with another or not, do we?

Or as Azure said, maybe he can switch between swords. I mean, they allow you to change shields too.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Skyloft's ruins?

explain to me.................................

In another thread, someone pointed out that the place were they're fighting has structures in the background that are the same as the ones besides the godesse statue, soooo yeah.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, using the two pics, they actually do bare a striking resemblance. What I wanted to point out was that as soon as Zelda's "eaten" by the Whale, Phi comes and saves Link. After that, I assume, is when you get the Hero's Clothes. Also, if that particular fight with Ghirahim happens on Skyloft, who's to say this is the VERY FIRST time you fight him? Like, as soon as you get the Hero'es Clothes from "Rauru", you're confronted by Ghirahim, you beat him with that sword, and he senses Phi's presence and jumps through the clouds into the land below.

Okay, keep in mind that what i just said has literally NO back-bone, but i like to guess... :P

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I think it's a dream. Like Zelda being eaten and Phi coming to "save" Link. They may be visions of the future, that's why it's inconsistent.

Cuju, I do believe you are referring to the new tennis racket. It's a new weapon that Link can obtain at some point in his quest.

Kidding. I think it is just one of the swords from Link's inventory that he can equip at (possibly) any time. Also, the sword in question (in your image) appears to be at an angle which makes it difficult to determine exactly which one it is.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Well, using the two pics, they actually do bare a striking resemblance. What I wanted to point out was that as soon as Zelda's "eaten" by the Whale, Phi comes and saves Link. After that, I assume, is when you get the Hero's Clothes. Also, if that particular fight with Ghirahim happens on Skyloft, who's to say this is the VERY FIRST time you fight him? Like, as soon as you get the Hero'es Clothes from "Rauru", you're confronted by Ghirahim, you beat him with that sword, and he senses Phi's presence and jumps through the clouds into the land below.

Okay, keep in mind that what i just said has literally NO back-bone, but i like to guess... :P
But he already has the Skyward Sword in that scene when he gets the Hero's Clothes. Seeing him with that sword and those clothes and shield just makes no sense. I say it's just another red earring screw-up. (haha, "red earring" can be the new "red herring")

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
But he already has the Skyward Sword in that scene when he gets the Hero's Clothes. Seeing him with that sword and those clothes and shield just makes no sense. I say it's just another red earring screw-up. (haha, "red earring" can be the new "red herring")
And speaking of red earrings, his earrings are still red in that scene. :lol: :P

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It definitely doesn't look like the Skyward Sword, but quite a few things were messed up in the trailer. Remember Link's earring thing? And then there's Zelda's coat in that scene with the Whale (which is not a dream, folks). Little mistakes are always found in trailers and movies and such. I wouldn't pay attention to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom