• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler WTF!?! What Sword is That?!?

Watch the E3 trailer and pause at 1:42. You'll see that there is a torch behind Ghirahim. BUT!!! It is made completely out of diamonds! Since the walls in the back DO resemble those of Skyloft's, I think that they are fighting on Skyloft that is completely takin over by Ghirahim. THAT should be a fun battle! :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Watch the E3 trailer and pause at 1:42. You'll see that there is a torch behind Ghirahim. BUT!!! It is made completely out of diamonds! Since the walls in the back DO resemble those of Skyloft's, I think that they are fighting on Skyloft that is completely takin over by Ghirahim. THAT should be a fun battle! :)

Yes, Locke pointed out that they're right next to the statue of the goddess in that part of the trailer. I don't think he'll have taken control necessarily (as he wants the land below), but invaded it, sure.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
And then there's Zelda's coat in that scene with the Whale (which is not a dream, folks).

We don't know this! Link's earrings were fixed in the recent trailer, but her clothes were not meaning it wasn't an error!

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Dude, there's no way that fish is part of a dream. Even if it is, it's gonna happen in the game. The evidence is undeniable. The way people are making it out is like that Whale won't be in the game at all.

Like I said, we don't know this.

And I didn't say it won't happen, for all we know it could be a vision of the future. There's not a lot of other ways to explain her shawl.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Like I said, we don't know this.

And I didn't say it won't happen, for all we know it could be a vision of the future. There's not a lot of other ways to explain her shawl.

I understand that, but this is something that's just a little too obvious. I don't think if it was part of a dream the coat would be added, anyway. I mean, come on. Zelda wasn't wearing anything different in the vision Link had in OoT.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
I understand that, but this is something that's just a little too obvious. I don't think if it was part of a dream the coat would be added, anyway. I mean, come on. Zelda wasn't wearing anything different in the vision Link had in OoT.

It's possible that when Link was dreaming, he imagined Zelda in her normal attire. I mean come on, how can Zelda lose part of her clothing when falling through a tornado, then regain it in all the weather when falling towards a whale's mouth?

My dream idea is only a theory, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but it's not out of the question.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Hey, if i could interject...
Maybe it's like in the opening scene of OoT, where Link has a nightmare of meeting Ganondorf and watching Zelda run away, perhaps Zelda falling into the whale is just what Link sees, and then it happens later. That would explain why he dreams her with the shawl on, and that would further back-up the running gag of Link either sleeping or dozing off in the beginning of ever Zelda game (albeit Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link)

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
The Skyward sword is green so maybe IT IS after it becomes the master sword but you never know

There may be some plot related reason why he can't use the Skyward Sword in this scene. It's also possible that the sword might change colors at some point in the game, but somehow I doubt it'd change to so closely resemble your original sword as that'd be confusing.

Maybe that it'll slowly change into the Master Sword, and it's in it's middle stage. Similar to the Master Swords transformation in Wind Waker? I don't know.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
That sword is Link's first sword, the black one.

If you pause it when he's jumping, and look at the sheath, it's black.

For the reason, I have no clue.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Hey, if i could interject...
Maybe it's like in the opening scene of OoT, where Link has a nightmare of meeting Ganondorf and watching Zelda run away, perhaps Zelda falling into the whale is just what Link sees, and then it happens later. That would explain why he dreams her with the shawl on, and that would further back-up the running gag of Link either sleeping or dozing off in the beginning of ever Zelda game (albeit Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link)
\

This is exactlywhat I'm saying.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I'm still confused as to were or how this fits into the plot. Here is what we know:

- Link wins the bird riding ceremony
- He and Zelda go flying around
- Ghirahim's tornado sucks up Zelda
- Zelda is saved by an unknown diety (accepting that the whale scene is a dream)
- Phi appears to Link and somhow saves him
- Link receives the Green tunic, and is seen with the green hilted Skyward Sword
- Link sets off to save Zelda

Link having the Hero's cloths would mean that he would have the Skyward Sword, and Link doesn't have the Hylian shield when he sets off for Hyrule. My only other theory is this:

- Link goes down to Hyrule, but must leave the Skyward Sword down below for it to be forged into the Master Sword
- The next time Link casualy returns to Skyloft, he finds that Ghirahim has invaded it
- Link must fight Ghirahim without the Skyward Sword, meaning he is left with his first junky sword
- Phi appears mid-battle and grants Link the Master Sword, wich he needs to defeat Ghirahim

This would mean that the depicted scene in the trailer is close to the end of the game, though I don't think that it will be the final boss battle.

Back when I heard that Skyloft's residents knew nothing about the world below, I imediatly thought that Skyloft was created to protect Link, Zelda, and most of Hyrule's population. I was mostly right about that theory, so I could be right about this one...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom