• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WTF is Wrong with Tingle?

Zorato

"Frocobo says die!"
I'm getting sick of people complaining about Tingle. Just ignore him.

You can't.... You almost NEED the maps from him, and in wind waker every time you go near him you wallet wants to kill itself....

I don't know... I'm seeing alot of defending comments, and I disagree.... he annoys the crap outta me. He makes me grind rupees like you wouldn't believe. I shoot him down just to try to get him to sell me something, but instead, I have to hear his life story, I'm sorry but Tingle makes me wish you could kill NPC's. :cucco:

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tingle is a middle aged man who wants to be a fairy and is a mapmaker expert.

What to hate about him: He acts weirdly, yet that's a plus sign of why he gets that much attention/
What to like about him: Well....to any westerners, nearly nothing at all. To me, The way he acts and talks, the way he gains money, and the fact he makes maps. Basically his weirdness is what makes him intriguing.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
What to like about Tingle: Ummm... I'll come back to that later.

What to hate about Tingle: He seems somewhat insane. His decoding is way overpriced. Nintendo can't let him go for some reason.

What to like about Tingle: Still thinking. Come back later.

What to hate about Tingle: He is wearing a one pieced bathing suit with his underwear on the outside.

What to like about Tingle: *Strokes beard in deep thought*

What to hate about Tingle: The mole bugs me.

WTLAT: *Jeopardy theme*

WTHAT: I can't think of anything to like about him at the moment.

WTLAT: *bangs head on desk to think right*

WTHAT: He isn't a rapper, yet he wears bling: a clock.

WTLAT: OH!! I thought of something!! He has magic words.

WTHAT: He doesn't let you use them.

WTLAT: He wasn't in Twilight Princess, thank God above!!!!!!

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
How dare anyone out there make fun of Tingle after all he has been through!
He lost his rupees, he went through a deception. He popped two balloons.
His mentor turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he’s going through a custody battle. All you people care about is….. maps and making fun of him.
HE’S A HYLIAN! What you don’t realize is that Tingle is making you all thess maps and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.
He hasn’t said his magical words in years. His phrase is called “Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!” for a reason because all you people want is MAPS! MAPS-MAPS, MAPS: MAPS!
LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even performed for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE TINGLE ALONE!…..Please.
His father talked about maturity and said if Tingle was mature he would’ve pulled it off no matter what.
Speaking of maturity, when is it mature to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.
Leave Tingle Alone Please…. !
Leave Tingle alone!…right now!….I mean it!
Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, because he is not well right now.
LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
You can't.... You almost NEED the maps from him, and in wind waker every time you go near him you wallet wants to kill itself....

So buy the maps from him and THEN ignore him. Although that is a good point about Tingle in The Wind Waker but I usually have more than enough or almost enough rupees by the time I get to that point so it doesn't bother me much.

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
me and my frind olie love tingle (thanks to the below video)! he is not that bad, and if he wants to be a fariy, let him! dont go crushing peoples dreams and calling them freaks/weirdos![video=youtube;VDkGQrqrHN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDkGQrqrHN4[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
me and my frind olie love tingle (thanks to the below video)! he is not that bad, and if he wants to be a fariy, let him! dont go crushing peoples dreams and calling them freaks/weirdos![video=youtube;VDkGQrqrHN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDkGQrqrHN4[/video]

Heh, I've seen that on youtube before! That just made me even more wary of Tingle:).

And wow, Vincent. Just... wow.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
It kind of bugs me how people can hate Tingle just because he's different and a bit silly. I know he seems pretty weird an all, but he could be worse. Guy just has a silly dream he's had all his life and doesn't want to grow up.
Is there really a problem with that? I don't think so, I feel kinda similar to Tingle. I have a lot of silly hobbies and stuff leftover from my childhood and they make me feel good. I'm 20 and still love magic and toys like a little kid, and I like to cosplay.
Tingle clearly doesn't care what others think about his love of fairies, and he isn't afraid to tell people just how much he loves fairies. And there is nothing wrong with just being who you are no matter what people think of you, weird or not. Tingle is a cool guy in my book.

P

princess-kikyo

Haha, I watched some of a walkthrough for this game as I could never get the game, either had no moneys or mum said no, or they were out of stock :(

But yes, he is very unique...
I think that maybe his imagination got the better of him.. Or he has what we call today a mental disorder.

He means well. :)

EDIT: Oh and he kind of reminds me of peter pan, only he couldn't stop getting old. But his mind is still youthful. Lulz, reminds me of naruto - "The power of youth" Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom