• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Writting a Book

kindlyone

I am The Kindlyone
hey guys im writting a book (thank god for spell check) and i need some name idias that arent copyright if you could help that would be great (and yes i know that people use this forum for ideas all the time but im bad at names good at story so thanks)---- ok here is the setting

a 13 year old boy is living in a small town around medieval times but slowly starts to notice something strange about these nomads that start appearing at first it eludes him but he goes off into there tents to discover..........

sorry guys i need names for towns and charecters i will post my spell checked book here chapter by chapter if i get some names so your cooperation would be helpfull thanks :) :cool: ;) :puppy: :wave: :clap:

might i add this is legit i want to get this published so guys help out please

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Sometimes I just go to a baby name website and search an important aspect of the character (Like, if the character liked flowers, I would search "flower") for the word to be the meaning of the name. But some of the names, I just make up as I go, like, "Eleni," I completely made up myself and I diverted the name from "elf." Be creative and be thoughtful, is all I can give advice for.

Oh, and put me down as Pandora and nickname is Panda (I'll let you do the rest, since it's your book:))

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
There are multiple ways to come up with names. You can research a word in a different language and use that word as a name. You can find a word and mix up the letters. You can use a root word and add to it. (Termina anyone?) My favorite is the first one, as it gives stories a deeper meaning. But I often find that when I mix up words, or simply write them backwards, they become awesome names. There's like a story behind everyname or word I invented for my story.

Steve

5/19/13
My personal advice to you, is do not rely on Spell Check, even grammar check in Word will not always pick up on errors. Secondly, you should never write a book unless you, yourself can come up with ideas such as names, for that is the purpose of writing an original work. Never should you try to start something that you are not prepared for, and it is always important to layout everything onto the table, making sure you have all the details worked out, before writing. Because of your setting, taking place in medieval times, I would suggest researching popular names amongst the people living at that time. This will not only make things easier for yourself, but make it more realistic in the process.

kindlyone

I am The Kindlyone
here is a few names i had now i can fit these into the first chapter :) so keep checking back

matttias
ulrick
abel
ellis

and our main hero is : DEBBY

haha lol naw its thadeuss

also if you have givin me a name thanks ill use em

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom