• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Writing Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
As you all know I write stories. Recently I wanted to post God Wars Series Book 1, but didn't do it for personal reasons. Now, I know I can post stories in the Writing Section, but what about something else? say like...just quotes from the story, as preview of the story to come. Can I do that? Or is it mandatory for members to just post whole stories? Any help from the staff is appreciated; I don't need opinion from a normal ZDer since I am basically asking the staff. :cool:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You mean simply to provide quotes from in the opening post and then submit the thread? If this is the case, it would probably be best to make a blog entry if your aim is simply to "tease" an upcoming story, unless you wished to provide the prologue[?] and one or two chapters, asking for feedback and such. Something like that should be within the rules of the Writing Section, but making a thread to show off some quotes is...borderline illegal, and therefore questionable. However, I don't think it's something you'd be severely penalized over, especially since you double-checked beforehand.

That's simply my take, though; a mod could probably answer it more in-depth.

Also, you can reference the Writing Section regulations here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46065

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
You mean simply to provide quotes from in the opening post and then submit the thread? If this is the case, it would probably be best to make a blog entry if your aim is simply to "tease" an upcoming story, unless you wished to provide the prologue[?] and one or two chapters, asking for feedback and such. Something like that should be within the rules of the Writing Section, but making a thread to show off some quotes is...borderline illegal, and therefore questionable. However, I don't think it's something you'd be severely penalized over, especially since you double-checked beforehand.

That's simply my take, though; a mod could probably answer it more in-depth.

Also, you can reference the Writing Section regulations here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46065

I might just do that: post the intro and one or two chapters. And after that, perhaps post some quotes and scenes from the other chapters, just to tease readers. :P

Thanks for all the info, btw. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom