• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Writing Prompt

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I wasn't sure if this should go in forum games, or writing, but I guess since it's not an actual writing piece, I'll put it here. Mods, if you want to move it, you can :)

I guess this can be a tool to help get feedback on your writing skills. Basically, every post should have 3 parts to it.
  1. Edit the writing piece of the user above you. Give suggestions for next time, feedback, pros, cons, and a rating if you wish.
  2. The user above you should have ended off with a writing prompt. Use that writing prompt to write your own creative writing piece. There's no limit, but it's suggested to keep it around 100-200 words.
  3. Put down a writing prompt for the user below you to use. This can take a form as a setting, a sentence to start your piece with, a sentence to end your piece with, an object to have in your piece, ect.

So I'll start:

Editing:
No one above me, so :party:

Writing piece:
Let's say the writing prompt given to me was "A cold muddy place".

I opened my eyes, expecting to see colour. Sunlight. Greenery. Anything to contradict the despair and emptiness I felt inside me. I wasn't even sure of from where those feelings even came from. But the scene which unfolded beyond me just mockingly complimented the weight on my heart. Darkness enveloped around me. The air was thick and humid. I saw dark shapes beyond the unforgiving veil of fog. After squinting and letting my eyes adjust to the dark light, I realized they were trees. I was in a forest. And I had no idea how I got there. My fingers searched the wet mud, running over roots and prickly plants until I found something unfamiliar. A smooth yet delicate item. Paper. I picked it up and tried to let whatever stream of moonlight escaped the thick canopy to shine light on the letters etched there. The message made my heart stop.

You are Henry Anderson. There are people looking for you. Run away. Don’t let anyone find you.

Writing prompt:
Put the sentence "And that's when I saw him" in your piece.

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
Edit: none needed I enjoyed it very much.

Writing: And that's wh3n I saw him. The one winged angle. Sephiroth his body silhouetted by the sun had his back turned to me. I could tell it was his back because the site gle black wing emerged from his jacket. Just as I was about to say something I remembered the note. I held it up and read the warning on it. "Beware the one winged angle for while his love is great it will surly kill you " so I bit my tounge as I watched his from behind a tree.

Prompt: start with ”then he looked my way"

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
Edit: Fix your grammar and sentence structure. Other than that, very nice.

Writing: Then he looked my way, blue eyes boring into my very soul, and smiled. I stood rooted to the spot, however, trying desperately not to faint. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out.

Prompt: It rained pickles yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom