• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Writing Community Competition Week 30

Which Submission Did You Like Best?

• Random Person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A_LINK_IN_TIME

• Ganondork

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondork

goo
Greetings everyone, Ganondork here. Once again, we've received a very good turn out on participation. With three submissions, I think the competition has been thriving lately. Once again, there's nothing else to really announce. So without further delay, here are this week's entries.

Random Person

Hey! A Colossus!

Wander crept along the edge of the mountain side. He hadn’t even reached the edge before he could hear the sound of giant footprints pounding in the ground. Peering around the corner, he spotted the beast. Strangely enough, it looked like a man (A fifty foot tall man with muscles of stone and skin of moss). This was a colossus, the first of many. Swallowing hard in fear would be the instinctive action, but now was not the time to be afraid. Wander had to defeat all the colossus. HE HAD TO. And to make sure he did, the young man had prepared something before hand that would ensure his victory. The man reached into his vest and pulled out a bottle. The cork of which came out with a small *pop*.
“Finally! Fresh air!” the blue fairy screamed as she came out. “We really need to talk about my traveling methods. Do you have a hat you could wear?”

“Listen Navi.” Wander spoke. “You claim that you once helped a hero defeat great evil and save a princess. Can you help me defeat this colossus and save Mono?”

Navi peeked around the corner to look at the giant stomping man.

“Holy stalfoes!?! You mean you get to go straight to the boss without going through a temple?”

“Boss?” Wander asked.

“Leave it to me Link wannabe. With my help, you’ll defeat this guy in no time.”

“I trust you my flying friend.”

With that out of the way, the two headed towards the giant enemy.

“I am sorry strange creature.” Wander spoke, unleashing his sword. “I wish I didn’t have to hurt you, but to save the one I love, I must...”

“Hey!” Navi called.

“What is it wise Navi?”

“Listen. You can talk to me anytime you feel like.”

*ellipsis*

“Could that not wait until after I finished...”

“Watch out!”

“Watch out for wha...”
*BAM*

The colossus dealt a massive blow to the young hero. His body slid across the field into the dirt.

“Fowl creature...” He said grasping his sword. Despite his injuries, Wander got up without hesitation and charged forward. The colossus reached down to grab him, but its large size meant it moved at a slower ratio than Wander, allowing the lad to pass the monster’s defenses easily. With a loud scream, Wander swung his sword toward its feet.
*Clink*
The sword bounced off, having no effect on the monster. Wander quickly left from attacking range to avoid getting hit.
“It seems I must look for a weak point.” he said aloud.

“Hey!” Navi called.

“Yes Navi. What advice do you have?”

“Its rocky skin makes it hard to attack. Look for a weak point.”
*ellipsis*
“Thank you Navi, I will try that.”

The lad ran toward his massive foe yet again. Approaching the giant’s feet again, Wander could not hurt them, but perhaps they could be used for another purpose. He grabbed onto the moss hanging down and began to climb. This was not an easy task as the creature was swaying about. Easy or not, Wander needed to find the weak spot if he hoped to...

“Hey!”

“What is it Navi?”

“Listen. You should be able to climb this moss.”

“I’m well aware of that Navi, thank you.”

Wander had no time to deal with the fairy, for in front of him the skin of the beast was glowing. This was it! The weak spot! He took out his sword and raised it high to kill the monster...

“Hey!”

“What!? What is it now!?”

“Listen. This part is glowing, maybe it’s the weak spot.”

Wander couldn’t take it anymore. He unleashed all his anger and fury into stabbing the glowing skin. Normally the beast needed several wounds to fall, but Wander’s frustration was so intense that he killed it with one strike. The colossus fell, knocking Wander off its rocky body.

“We did it!” Navi cheered. “Now we only have to do this about nine more times, and your princess will be saved. Aren’t you glad you brought me along?”

Wander was not listening.
“I wonder if that Midna girl is still available..."

A_LINK_IN_TIME

Usurper King Ghirahim

The pale countenance stood looking out over the field below. Bokoblins and other creatures of the night were busy terrorizing the local livestock. He let out a cultivated bellow and turned around. There stood a girl in dirty gray overcoat, crying. Her lower lip was cut and she hadn’t had any food or water for four days. Licking his lips, Ghirahim returned to his sketches of how to curb a potential military coup.
Twilight was surrounding the land. A wolf’s cry pierced the eerie silence. Low impish laughter soon followed, echoing throughout the canopy.
“Watch out for the Dark Tribe,” the feral creature shrieked.
The wolf suddenly changed form from beast to man. Stretching his arms out, the youth turned his gaze to a nearby tower. The princess was being kept there-He knew it!
Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! Ghirahim rushed through the hallways stabbing anyone-friend or foe-in his path. How had the child made it so far? Why had a sister of darkness befriended him?! Why did luck always desert him when he most needed it?! Why could he not revive his master unmolested?! He had to sacrifice the princess immediately. Yes, foolish demon. Why had he not thought of it earlier?!
The purple ogre body collapsed to the ground. An arrow ran through its face and into the brain. Blood was gushing out by the gallon. The hero had made it to the finale. The bridge collapsed and Ghirahim leaped out. The ground opened from beneath and out emerged the princess-chained to a sacrificial wheel.
“No!,” the Twilight Princess exclaimed. Channeling all her power, she lurched at the princess of Hyrule in a futile attempt to save her. The usurper king quickly unleashed a wave of darkness from his blade.
“You fools!,” bellowed the demon. “I killed the king of Hyrule himself! Do you know how this was accomplished?!” Swallowing a bit of blood from his blade, the ghostly figure proceeded to laugh at the top of his lungs. The hero who had transcended time itself stood hopeless on the opposite end of a shadow barrier. The princess led out one last yell before the blade fell!
The ground started to tremble from beneath! Could it be?! A demon with head of fire emerged from Hell. The heavens trembled as though a meteorite would end it then and there.
The Hero closed his eyes and pondered how this had come to be. He had long avoided a head to head confrontation with the demon known as Ghirahim and here he was head to head with not only him but his master. Apparently, the Twili had created a dimensional rift when they were eradicated allowing members of the Dark Tribe from a parallel world to pillage the land. Ghirahim stood at the top of this pyramid.
Bokoblins had been terrorizing and raiding the land for forty days now. Livestock was slaughtered, villages razed, women raped. Ghirahim had not only taken control of the Twilight Realm and shattered the Mirror of Twilight but exerted his rule on a different world entirely! The very foundations of Hyrule were crumbling! His connections to Zelda were very shady. Knowing that even with his might, he was much too weak to tackle a kingdom, the Dark Lord had pretended to be a jester sent to the kingdom. After entertaining the king, he was allowed increased access into the royal court. From there he proceeded to spy until he found a key to the royal bedroom. A murderous bloodbath occurred later that night…
The hero clutched his sword. The final battle for the sake of not only the kingdom but the world had begun. The demise of the princess would not halt the light. The lumbering master stepped forward, clutching Ghirahim by the throat. A small crack was heard. The demon blade had emerged from the carcass. Demon vs. beast. Riding on the wolf, the now awake imp cried for vengeance.

Ganondork

Assassin's Creed Revelations: Requiescat en Pace

The Hero came running into Telma’s Bar. The usual stench of alcohol filled his nostrils, but adrenaline pulsed through his veins, blocking out every sense but his vision. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he ran to Telma as quickly as he could. “Where is she?” He demanded.

Telma looked at him for a moment from across the counter. A look of dismay was etched upon her once smiling face. The laugh lines were visible, but her eyes seemed cold and lifeless as she gestured towards the bench on the far end of the bar. Link made his way towards the bench, but Rusl stood in his way.

“Don’t look at her,” he warned Link. “I want you to remember her for what she once was, not for how she is now.”

Link looked at him, his eyes portraying a mixture of sadness and determination, “Rusl, you have been a father to me for most of my life, but I am not a child any longer. Allow me to see her; it is my fault that this happened.”

Rusl looked Link over for a moment, deep in thought. His dark eyes seemed to penetrate into Link’s soul until he finally nodded. “I sometimes forget that you’re all grown up now,” he confessed, “You may look, but please remember her before this entire ordeal. This was never her battle.”

Link nodded, “I know,” he looked forward, “Now let me see her.” His heart began to beat faster and faster as Rusl stepped to the side, allowing Link to see the bench properly. A single tear fell down his cheek as he looked at her. He stepped forward and looked at her for the first time in what seemed like a long time.

Her blonde hair was just as beautiful as he remembered it. Her green eyes still stared at him, and yet they were glazed and lifeless. The Hero began to choke up as he took the small knife out of her back. The bloody knife came out of her body with a sickening slice. He dropped it to the ground as he held her body in his arms. The warm blood trickled onto his tunic, staining its delicate fabric.

This was the first time he had ever held her quite like this. Despite the cold feel of her lifeless skin, the love he felt for her did not falter. He put his hand gently on her cheek, “You have earned your rest,” he whispered as he laid her down on the bench.

He held her hands as he crossed her arms across her chest. He closed her eyes with his fingers and gently kissed her cheek. “Rest in peace,” tears began to fall down his cheeks as he finally said her name, “Ilia.”

Nobody said a word as Link wept over her body. The silence crept into the bar, as they all began to weep too. Shad – a man they all believed felt nothing but love for his books – shed tears for Ilia next to Rusl, who had his head buried in his hands. It was as though everyone in the bar felt the love for her just as Link did.

Finally, the Hero stood up, the tears gone from his face. He addressed the few people in the bar still, their eyes now devoid of tears as well. “Brothers,” he began his voice loud and powerful, “Sisters. An entire empire rises against us, while Ilia’s murderer waits and watches from Hyrule Castle, laughing. Fight with me, and show him what it means to cross the Resistance. Perhaps you will not do it for me, but do it for Ilia.”

Auru and Ashei had been sitting the entire time, but they too stood up as Link finished his speech. The bar filled with cheers as Link stood before them; the boy from Ordon had finally grown up. And together, the men and women of the Resistance yelled in unison:

“For Ilia!”

***​

With this week over with, it's time for next week's topic:

The Master Sword

With Skyward Sword's release, there has been more information on Evil's Bane, and yet, there's still more to tell about this legendary sword. This is very open to interpretation.

The word limit is going to be 500 words. Remember to Private Message me your submission, it's due 3/4/12. Have a great day.

Last edited:
Forgot, that ZD PMs give funky spacing. Whatever. :P This topic went very roughly and poorly for me.

That being said, I don't believe my comments will make provide much criticism of any sort this time around as I'm generally burned out.

Random Person: Liking the vagueness and the main tie-in near the end. Also, that ever famous ellipsis bit returns once again. You are a legend, man!!!

Ganondork: I've got to admire your piece because it focused on minor characters I never would have given recognition to. Excellent job, Gdork!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom