• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Writing Community Competition Week 18

Which Piece is the Best?

• Locke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caeda

• Axle the Beast

• Justeazy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition
Week 18
Epona

Hey guys, sorry about this but we managed to skip out a week. I was unable to log on to post up the WCC so we have last week as this week instead. Sorry for any inconvenience! This week we have a diverse range of pieces, enjoy and don't forget to vote!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Locke

This true story may scar you for life, or it may touch your heart and reveal a hidden beauty in the story of Twilight Princess. Either way, the game will never again be the same.

It starts with a special horse in an ordinary village. Epona is employed at the local ranch, and has a close bond with her young master Link. As they grow together, her master becomes obsessed with responsibility and begins pushing himself to be the perfect member of Ordon Village, and Epona feels this weight grow within her. She looks to the mayor’s daughter to find relief from the rigors of work and moral burden.

Ilia cares very much for this horse. She feels that Epona is the only creature in the world who could ever understand her deepest emotions. In return, Ilia desires Epona to feel that she is understood as well. They make frequent visits to the spirit’s spring together for intimate conversation while Ilia washes Epona, escaping from the oppressive Link.

But even after all this, rescuing the children from the woods shows Epona the courage of Link’s destiny, and she shares in it. Despite Ilia’s heated defense of her well-being and obvious jealousy toward Link, she’s not blind to Epona’s deepest emotions. “So you still prefer your master over me, huh, Epona?”

Then the unthinkable happens. Ilia and Epona are taken away and the forces of evil deprive Ilia of her memory. All their togetherness in the spirit’s spring – gone. That’s when Epona realizes how much more Ilia meant to her than Link did. Emotionally distraught, even Link finds it difficult to tame her when she escapes. Could she ever forgive him? Watching Link manipulate Ilia into loving him as her amnesia fades is like death to Epona. The happiest moments of her life are now forever gone, before she could begin to fully appreciate them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caeda

The two moblins snuck up to the stable.

"Are you sure we're 'sposed to be doing this?" asked one of them.

"Nope, but who cares?" replied the second moblin.

They opened the door and snuck over to a brown horse tied up against the wall.

"Why exactly are we doing this?" whined the first moblin as they got on the horse. "Noone has been able to ride this stupid animal."

"Dude, come on! Once we tame this thing, we'll be heroes! We might even be promoted to commanders! Plus, it's a horse. How hard can it be?" replied the second one. He grabbed the rope. "Here goes nothin'," he said, releasing the rope.

As soon as it was free, the horse- who's name was Epona, by the way- bolted out of the stable. She tore across Hyrule Field.

"Man, I knew this was a bad idea!" yelled moblin one, hanging on for dear life.

Eventually, they fell off, and it was soon just Epona, galloping through North Hyrule Field toward Kakariko. Unbeknownist to her, she would finally be reunited to her master there, and play a key roll from an ancient, dreaded menance
Axle the Beast

The Unknown Death of a Companion

"What's WITH this horse?!" cried the Skull Kid in anger. "It won't listen to a thing I say!"

"Um, Skull Kid," started Tael. "Maybe it's loyal to that kid?"

"Shut up!" the Skull Kid yelled. They had floated down from the blackness above, safely landing because of the Skull Kid's newfound power. "It doesn't matter. This thing is totally useless! It has... outlived its usefulness. It's only... garbage."

Words and tone unfamiliar to the two fairies were uttered by the Skull Kid as he snapped his fingers, and there before their eyes, Epona was struck with searing pain as her body tore apart. She reared back and neighed in agony as she rapidly disintegrated. Even after nothing was left, the echoes of her cries chillingly rang around the chamber. The two fairies, Tatl and Tael, stared in shock and horror at what the Skull Kid had done. The Skull Kid merely laughed when the boy in green arrived, laughed as he told the child that he had simply "gotten rid" of Epona.

Link never knew what the Skull Kid had meant, but as time went on he had begun to fear the worst... to fear the truth. But sometime later, finding himself wandering a strange world, a mirror of the land he had come from, Link found Romani Ranch and there, he found her again. He was reunited. She had just met him. The mirror world, with its mirror inhabitants, had a double for every creature living in the land. And so too did it have another Epona.

Link cared for Termina's Epona as well as he did Hyrule's, and they were faithful companions. But he would never know what happened to his original partner, his only friend lost in his war against the demon Majora.
Justeazy

Up left right.
Up left rght.
Up left right-... left-... right-.

I call you, and you come,
no matter how far or close.
Always by my side;
an escape from my foes.
You were wild when we met,
but had ears piqued to the tone.
In seven years, I can back,
and fought for you to my bones.

I won, and we escaped,
together at long last;
you carried us over a wall so high,
and man, it was a blast!
Now we ride, day and night,
hindered by dark, helped by light,
you've added to my might,
and saved me from tough fights.

We've jumped over walls
and broken bridges with ease.
Charged over our enemies
without feigning a sneeze.
So, now I must ask you;
why do you always fail
to jump over a simple
foot high rail?​
Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 19
A Journey Through Gerudo Valley

A very specific theme this time; here are some ideas to get you started.

Obviously, Gerudo Valley is of high temperatures, perhaps they could come about in your story. Maybe someone could find themselves lost! Maybe the history or way of life that the Gerudo have could be a part of your piece! Remember the weird carpet man from Ocarina of Time? Maybe he could be in your story, or Ganondorf - being a Gerudo - could be mentioned. Any ideas welcome!

Side note - Poetry is welcome in the WCC! It is a form of writing, therefore it is accepted!

Please make sure your piece is 100-300 words; a title is optional. PM me your entry by the 17/07/11.

Thank you!

Jedizora

:right:
Okay, I had to vote for Justeazy. You did amazing with your poem. I loved everything about it.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Everyone gave new light to things I hadn't thought of before. Locke showed us an emotional connection far beyond that which is portrayed in the game, Caeda showed us a small portion of the moblin society, and Axle showed us a little hint at the Skull Kid's state of mind. All great entries, though my vote has to go to Locke.

Good job everyone! :)

Nicole

luke is my wife
Ooh yay, lots of stories!

Locke- I voted for yours. I love the theme (Ilia x Epona), but you were able to actually pull it off maturely, which impressed me. I like how you described the intimate emotions between the two, and then broadened it to fit into the "love triangle" type deal. Very nicely done!

Caeda- Yours was describing the events prior to when Link was reunited with Epona in Twilight Princess, right? I think yours was an interesting approach, describing how she actually got loose. It was very well written as well, and I enjoyed reading it. (For future reference, the little green guys in TP are called Bulbins, not Moblins. :))

Axle the Beast- This one I found a bit too melancholy for my personal tastes. The idea was certainly unique, but I did find it a bit sad that you killed off Epona. :sweat: Very welll written, as always, but again, just too unhappy for me personally. =P

Todo- This one was brilliant as well. I love the originality, putting yours into poem form. It started out seriously, but ended on a funny (but TRUE) note, which made me laugh. :) Locke's just barely edged yours out, though, but I really enjoyed yours as well.

Good job, guys!!

Keyari

翼のエルフ
Wow guys! Great entries all of you! Here is what I think of all...

Locke- Wow! I love the details. It was very good, like retelling the beginning of Twilight Princess in Epona's/Ilia's point of view. I have no problems with it at all.

Caeda- I liked yours a lot as well. It made me laugh too! It seems like to Bulbins (Yes, Bulbins not Moblins- my only nitpick for you...:P) Great entry!

Axle the Beast- The way you put in all the little details is great! Poor Epona... Link would never find out what happened to her! I loved yours a lot!

Justeazy- Poems for the Win! Your poem didn't rhyme the whole way, but I loved it! I love poetry, but I'm not very good at writing it. The end made me laugh for quite a few minutes. :lol: I picked yours...

Great Job to all!

amaterasu

Writer
are you allowed to post your story even if you havn't been in it since the beggining? if so, i'll make a piece for week 20, because i've got ideas from my other story pouring out of my head.

BTW, i voted for you, Axle the Beast. the story was really sad, but i liked it the best.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Justeazy- Poems for the Win! Your poem didn't rhyme the whole way, but I loved it! I love poetry, but I'm not very good at writing it. The end made me laugh for quite a few minutes. :lol: I picked yours...
Thanks for the encouragement, and the vote. :) I have to say, though, at least the way I read it, it has a concise rhyme scheme:
(The "X"s are inconsequential lines, and I admit that A is a slant rhyme, but the rest works. Not counting Epona's Song at the beginning, obviously.)
X come,
A close.
X side;
A foes.
X met,
B tone.
X back,
B bones.

X escaped,
C at long last;
X wall so high,
C it was a blast!