• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition Week 10

Which story is the best?

• ChargeWithSword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elvenknight

• Axle the Beast

• Caeda

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Writing Community Competition Week 10
The Master Sword

Okay guys! This week has to be the best yet, we have recieved a good number of entries and some of them are rather spectacular. Thank you to everyone that entered! Enjoy reading these brilliant entries and don't forget to vote for your favourite!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChargeWithSword

Can't you feel it? It's pulsating and alive!

It's gleaming hull is as cold as the frozen north, yet shines brighter than the dawning sun peeking its head over the cold horizon in spring. It's a warm and loving light that basks you, like a mother gazing into the eyes of a freshly born child; calm and intrigued with the sense of mystery before it.

Whatever darkness arrives to cloud the vision of the dancing spectres of citizens in turmoil, vanquishes and fails beneath its hardened gleam. Incorruptible, and unclaimed by the sins of mortal and hated wrongdoings, for no evil hand may come across a finer blade without feeling the hissing singe of its repellence.

What foul being, bereft of light, and peace dares challenge? What steadfast child chooses to be its dealer? Justice never knew such bounds of common tongue untouched and forgotten as the might of it.

It is the tool, the bane, the fear, the hammer, the seeker, and the forgiving. A thing with more names to match its untouched majesty and beauty.
Only one title may be fit for usage in the mortal tongue, lest the very name burn with power.

Only one...

Master Sword...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elvenknight

In the grove in Lost Woods, the little animals played. They danced and ran, jumped and flew. They loved to have fun. The Master Sword watched, wishing he could tell the little animals to turn down their music. He had slept for so long, yet he wanted to sleep for longer.

Then a boy came. He pulled the vines growing around the Master Sword, then pulled the Master Sword itself. The Master Sword sighed. “What do you want, boy? I have slept for ages, but I wish to sleep longer.”

The boy answered, “My name is Link. Ganon is trying to take over the world.”

“Not again!” moaned the Master Sword. “I must have defeated him six times now!”

Link looked at the Master Sword. “I know, and I’m sorry I had to wake again so you could do the same thing over again.”

The Master Sword sighed. “Fine, I’ll help you save the world yet again, but you must do something for me afterwards.”

Link agreed and the two left the woods. The two went through many dungeons and defeated many bosses. They arrived at Ganon’s Tower, and there struck him down. Afterwards, Link returned the Master Sword to his pedestal in Lost Woods. But first, he went about with the Master Sword, swinging it around, and scaring the annoying little animals away. Link destroyed their boom boxes, so now the Master Sword could sleep in peace. Until the animals got new boom boxes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axle the Beast

The Skyborn Judge

I am so tired, so alone.

I remember when my essence was of the Light and Sky. My spirit was free to do as it pleased. The Goddesses smiled down on me, I their golden child, a blade of the purest holy metal. The people of The Land polished myself and my shrine, and looked up at me with reverence. These luxuries were beloved to me, but the thing most beloved to me was my freedom. My spirit could fly to whatever thoughts it pleased.

Then the time came when my Mothers first gave me a duty. They bestowed me to the Hero, granting him their blessings besides, and we set forth to purge the universe of a new force, Evil, that had invaded The Land. Our mission was dire, but my spirit was light, elated. For the first time, I moved freely not only in spirit but in body. The Hero carried me forth throughout The Land and The Sky, and we vanquished that Evil. But then the winds carried me upward to the heavens once more, and my Mothers spoke to me softly.

They said “You must judge The World.”

They said “You must discover evil.”

They said “You are of the Purest Metals. Only you can accomplish this task.”

Within the land known as Hyrule that had been born in the wake of the Hero and I, the people known as the Hylians took me in their arms and revered me for all eternity. Now my body sleeps, but my mind is engaged. I am the Judge. I am the Master. I shall do my duty as long as the Evil, the Judged, exist.

I understand my role. I hold contempt for nobody. But I feel sorrow.

And I am tired.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Caeda

The sages were gathered around the pedestal.

After they performed several spells on the pedestal, together they opened the gate to the Sacred Realm.

While the rest held the gate open, one of them- their leader- strode forward with me in her hands. As if on cue, one of them stepped inside the gate and dissapered into the chamber of the sages.

Once he had dissapered, their leader drove me into the pedestal, and instantly the gate closed, trapped into the pedestal, as was I. My power would seal the gate until I was drawn by the Hero of Time.

The remaining sages left the chamber, no doubt to return to their temples. However, their leader lingered for a moment, looking at me, as if she was remembering the last time I was weilded.

Then she turned and walked out of the room. The door closed shortly after, leaving me alone in the chamber.

It stayed like that for centuries, until one day a young boy opened the door. He walked up to me and I was finally lifted up in the hands of the boy that would become the Hero of Time.
I hope everyone enjoyed this week's entries. If you like writing, be sure to enter next week!

Writing Community Competition
Week 11
The Masks of Zelda

Please PM me your entries, 100-300 words by 10/05/11! Thanks!

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Thank you very much for being creative all. This will interesting to see who will win.
And Meego thanks again for taking my idea into consideration. I am deeply thankful.

My vote will go on the last day before the poll closes. Or earlier than that. I need time to contemplate.

Kybyrian

ChargewithSword's entry was just absolutely excellent. It was an exceedingly illuminating work, and one that far surpassed the magnitude of any other entry presented. Any being that chance upon this phenomenal composition should contemplate their serendipity.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
It would be wise if I voted upon myself, for I feel much love to that work which I wrought with my fingers, yet to do so would be shameful. Axle gets my vote, for having his own poetic vision added to the story of the Master Sword, adding a melancholy yet poetic feel of his own design.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
....And after so MUCH consideration, I choose Charged's work.

It seemed, how do I put it, as if a legend is born, a star is born, the creation. Axle's was poetic and meaningful, and I wanted to vote him, but Charged's work pulled my strings and made it seemed like it COULD happen in the upcoming game Skyward Sword. Axle's could fit in it as well, but for me charge's work was, nothing but excellent.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Vote is for Charge's entry.
I liked the story behind Elvenknight's entry the best, especially the great personification behind the MS, but the story isn't well written enough in my opinion (example: the rapid repeating of the term "Master Sword" three times in the second paragraph).
Sorry, but I'm a critic at heart.... =/

Last edited:

Ganondork

goo
Chargewithsword's gave you a good connection with the sword. You couldn't help but understand it, it wasn't a simple sword that could vanquish evil, it was a living thing all on it's own. Axle's was a close second, but Charge's in the end was the best.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Congratulations to ChargeWithSword! You have won the Writing Community Competition Week 10! I must say, your entry was magnificent. Thankyou to everyone who entered, the next deadline is 10/05/11, the theme is Masks of Zelda. Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChargeWithSword

Can't you feel it? It's pulsating and alive!

It's gleaming hull is as cold as the frozen north, yet shines brighter than the dawning sun peeking its head over the cold horizon in spring. It's a warm and loving light that basks you, like a mother gazing into the eyes of a freshly born child; calm and intrigued with the sense of mystery before it.

Whatever darkness arrives to cloud the vision of the dancing spectres of citizens in turmoil, vanquishes and fails beneath its hardened gleam. Incorruptible, and unclaimed by the sins of mortal and hated wrongdoings, for no evil hand may come across a finer blade without feeling the hissing singe of its repellence.

What foul being, bereft of light, and peace dares challenge? What steadfast child chooses to be its dealer? Justice never knew such bounds of common tongue untouched and forgotten as the might of it.

It is the tool, the bane, the fear, the hammer, the seeker, and the forgiving. A thing with more names to match its untouched majesty and beauty.
Only one title may be fit for usage in the mortal tongue, lest the very name burn with power.

Only one...

Master Sword...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom