• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Writing Community Competition...I Think It's Week 11.

Which story is best?

• Justeazy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • arkvoodle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hey guys. Forgive me for not putting this up sooner but we had a little bit of a situation regarding not enough entries and me missing some and generally a fail on my part. I'm mainly just very confused lately. XD So thank you arkvoodle for stepping in! :)

Writing Community Competition
Week 11?
The Masks of Zelda
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Justeazy

"Well...?"

The room was still, nothing moved as the echoes resounded off of the concrete walls. The shelves, layered in dust of the ages, were aged. One had broken, though exactly when is uncertain. It could have been a week ago. It could have been a year ago. It could have been a lifetime ago.

"We wait."

"For what? How long has it been since-"

"You speak of time as if it were relative to us."

"... who cares about time ... not us ... certainly, but ... we can't help it ... we are trapped ... not free ... so strange ... lack of change ... left here still ... unfulfilled ..."

"We have neither light or warmth of sun, nor dark or chill of night. There is no such thing as time as long as there is none to pass."

Seven years. Seven long years have passed. Seven years since the attack. The shop was boarded up and abandoned. The dream of delivering happiness, everflowing joy, radiant blissful extacy; bringing with it the sheer enlightenment of fulfilling one's purpose: abandoned.

"The man with the smile."

"No, the boy in green."

"We need hope; the dreamer-"

"A dreamer is but a dreamer until he is awakened. It is not until those dreams are acted upon until they can become reality."

"... alone ... severed ... forever ... never together ..."

And so they wait. Wait for the dreamer of dreams to awaken; wait for the boy in green to act; wait for their true destiny to be realized. As long as they sit, they will wait, as they can do nothing else. Do not let these dreams be forgotten....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arkvoodle
The deep blue of the mask was stunning, and reflected the light perfectly in small beams.
The detail was almost exact to the creature from whence it came. It was the face of a Terminan Zora.
Time was growing short, and the boy could not prolong the inevitable. Slowly but surely, he placed the mask on his face.
He jumped back in shock as it fused to his face, forcing him to twist and spasm in quick jolts of pain. His limbs extended, and began to elongate.
His arms became long and thin, and pointed, fin-like appendeges tore out from them as his fingers became webbed together. His legs followed the same process, and still, he shrieked in pain.
The boy's eyes grew dark and beady, and his hair became fleshy and grew backwards into something resembling a tail. His torso puffed out, and became streamlined, as did the rest of his body.
Finally, his skin became a pale blue, and one final roar signalled the end of the transformation, and he collapsed to his scaly knees.

A clock called out, and storm clouds signalled that there was no time to waste, and the moon looked on in taunting anticipation as the boy rose to his feet and continued on his adventure.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to both of you! Don't forget to vote, everyone! Next week...

Writing Community Competition
Week 12
The Legend of Zelda
Link's Awakening

Please PM me your entries by 17/05/11. Make sure your entries are 100-300 words long. Thanks!

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This is definitely and interesting choice; I'll have to go with Justeazy on this one; while I feel his story is a little script-like he brings an interesting view for the setting.

Ark, your story is good as well, but I find it to be a little dry in certain areas. While flowery words are not necessary in many passages but they do help. Your story is just a little too direct I'm afraid.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
As bad as it sounds, I don't think I can vote this time.

With only two entries, I can either go for the self-centered "vote for myself" option, or I can go for the humble option of voting for someone else. However, with only two entries, a vote for the other is the exact same thing as a vote against myself, and that just doesn't seem right.

To arkvoodle, I say that your story was another viewpoint on the topic entirely, but it was unique and a great read. Best of luck to you.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Congratulations to Justeazy for his winning entry! Special thanks to ark for writing a story on such short notice. We really need smoe entries this week! Please enter if you can! Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Justeazy

"Well...?"

The room was still, nothing moved as the echoes resounded off of the concrete walls. The shelves, layered in dust of the ages, were aged. One had broken, though exactly when is uncertain. It could have been a week ago. It could have been a year ago. It could have been a lifetime ago.

"We wait."

"For what? How long has it been since-"

"You speak of time as if it were relative to us."

"... who cares about time ... not us ... certainly, but ... we can't help it ... we are trapped ... not free ... so strange ... lack of change ... left here still ... unfulfilled ..."

"We have neither light or warmth of sun, nor dark or chill of night. There is no such thing as time as long as there is none to pass."

Seven years. Seven long years have passed. Seven years since the attack. The shop was boarded up and abandoned. The dream of delivering happiness, everflowing joy, radiant blissful extacy; bringing with it the sheer enlightenment of fulfilling one's purpose: abandoned.

"The man with the smile."

"No, the boy in green."

"We need hope; the dreamer-"

"A dreamer is but a dreamer until he is awakened. It is not until those dreams are acted upon until they can become reality."

"... alone ... severed ... forever ... never together ..."

And so they wait. Wait for the dreamer of dreams to awaken; wait for the boy in green to act; wait for their true destiny to be realized. As long as they sit, they will wait, as they can do nothing else. Do not let these dreams be forgotten....​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom