• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Want the Legend of Zelda Cartoon Series to Come Back?

Would you want the Legend of Zelda cartoon series to come back?

• YES!! I would watch it every day!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Zelda should stick to video games

• Don't really care

• Total voters

TNinja

Of the Gorons
After beating SS again, watching the cutscenes (especially in the beginning) kinda reminded me of the cartoon series of the legend of Zelda. I think it would be awesome if they brought the series back with all new episodes. What you guys think?

I'd say no, I'm still thinking Link should never open his mouth. The 90s cartoon series proved that he should keep it zipped. if he ever says; "Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me princess" i'll smack him in the jaw.

Kirby's cartoon series isn't too bad, he doesn't talk and gets away with it but i don't think Link could. The cutscenes in SS were the best things about it and it did make me want to see more of them but outside the game in an episode format i don't think they'd work. What I'd like to see if Zelda was ever going to come back on TV would be a series detailing all the blanks in the Zelda legacy, like Zant and Midna before things went wrong, or the creation of Hyrule, Demise trying to get his hands on the Triforce and Hylia creating Skyloft. Or even the Imprisoning War or Interloper War or the Unification war, they would all be kind of cool tales to tell because they wouldn't make very good Zelda games. but that is wishful thinking on my part.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i would as long as it wasn't done like it was back then. having something that followed OoT, TP or SS more closely, rather than randomly made up adventures and absolutely NO 'EXCUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS'

Having seen all 13 episodes of the original Zelda cartoon, I can say that they had a lot of discrepancies. I don't think that true Zelda fans appreciate this, so I think the series should stick to video games. It seems like cartoon and movie remakes always change something about the original version of whatever is they're based off of.

I think a new cartoon would be great as long as it was more like the games and not whatever the heck that old cartoon was. I have read the zelda manga and think Link was great in all of those and he was talking. As long as they kept him with the same sort of personality as he has in the games and made him quiet instead of a crazy loudmouth like in the old cartoon I think it would be awesome.

I agree. They would have to keep his peronality. The old cartoons were horrible and made Link SOOOO annoying! However a new Zelda cartoon could work I think. They would just have to do it right

NO!!!
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO !!!

Okay... now that I got that off my chest. I would say the cartoon, even for its time, was a very poorly done series. As I'm sure some people are aware, I am not a fan of this cartoon series. Like its depiction of Link, when it isn't bland and boring, its annoying, unfunny and uninteresting. Nintendo should just do a new cartoon, only put in the hands of people who would make it work, someone such as Greg Weisman, Victor Cook, Michael Jelenic, someone from Man of Action, someone who you see making top quality shows of recent years.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I don't really care if it comes back or not. I thought the original was pretty cheezy, but I liked it because it was Zelda. But if they decided to remake it, they definitely would need to make some changes.

Nicholas

The legend of nick
No but how about a movie

A movie based on the series would be awesome like twilight princess movie or ocarina of time movie well thats a different

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
I actually haven't watched the series, but from what I've heard, it wasn't all that great. What I really think they should do is make a Live-Action film. I think that would turn out a lot better than a cartoon.

Kitkat

Gimme a Break
Nooo, Link talking was bad enough, but when he started saying things like "Exuuse me princess." oh, and "Oh boy! smoochie smoochie time." I lost all hope for that show. Nintendo shows are all horrible some people would say the pokemon show is good, but when you go back to the Zelda, Mario, and Kirby shows 9 times out of 10 videogame cartoons fail. Also, the sonic the hedgehog shows usually failed. So no, don't bring back the Zelda cartoon, but a movie would be good if they didn't do what they did in the mario bros. movie. Of couse, by failed I mean I didn't like it, not that they were known as bad cartoons.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Believe it or not, "Zelda fans", the LoZ Cartoon Series is ten million times better than the stuff we get today that Cartoon Network calls "cartoons". I'd rather we watch the LoZ Cartoon Series, Super Mario World and the Super Mario Brothers Super Show than anything related to 'Almost Naked Animals', 'Sidekick', or 'Regular Show'. At least the shows back then were humorous.
Kirby shows 9 times out of 10 videogame cartoons fail. Also, the sonic the hedgehog shows usually failed.
No. Kirby Right Back At Ya was completely legendary. Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (the one that showed on DIC as well as Disney IIRC) was great as well. Again, ten million times better than the stuff we get now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom