• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you undo it if you could?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I would take the option of a redo without the pandemic in a heartbeat. Just having seen the amount of death, pain, lost opportunity, and isolation that occurred over the past year around the world makes it an easy choice for me.

On a selfish personal level I suppose I made it through 2020 without the loss of anyone I know personally and I am still here but I had really planned to make the most of my final year of university having just returned to Australia by getting involved in societies and making new contacts and that opportunity was lost. Finding a job was a far more stressful process than I anticipated and I've had to change my future plans significantly due to travel restrictions. I'm sure there are valuable things that I have learned this year but I feel as though I'd have had a much more productive and positive year if there was no pandemic.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Well, this sure is a loaded question, isn't it?

Sure, on one hand, untold human suffering and death, but on the other hand you got to work on fun new skills during lockdown!

I have been fortunate enough that all I've lost is a job and not family or my own life, but millions of others haven't been so lucky. I've been fortunate enough to be able to massively self-improve (lost weight, started reading again, finally seriously pursued writing), but ethically speaking, if I could undo the plague, I think I'd be morally obligated to.

I would definitely take a year without a pandemic over what we got. So many millions of people have died in the past year and many more have been hospitalized. I also feel bad for all those who had important milestones in their lives, like senior proms or in-person graduations, cancelled. Personally, it's also heavily impacted some of my own plans. My family and I were supposed to travel to Poland last summer but that was cancelled. We would like to do so while our grandmother is still alive. She'll turn 86 next week so the clock is ticking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom