• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Swap One Trait for Another?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Let me explain this a little bit, as the title may be slightly vague. I'm talking about personality traits, not physical traits. That being said, all of us dislike that one trait that we have. Whatever it may be, if you had the ability to swap it with a different trait, would you do it? If so, what trait would you swap it with? If no, why not?

My response:
I unfortunately consider myself to be a very selfish person. My selfishness has gotten the best of me on multiple occasions, and I really hate when that happens. I keep wanting to change, but sometimes it's as if I can't escape it. I would swap my selfish traits and replace them with tenacious traits. Tenaciousness is a quality I've always wanted, but always lacked. Sometimes I feel that I may be somewhat tenacious, but not all the time. I tend to give up fairly easily, and that's just not cutting it for me anymore. Therefore I'd swap those two traits as a way to improve my own personality.

Feel free to discuss!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm impulsive which will probably get me banned on day.

My stubbornness and ignorance are a bad combination because I always think I'm right but I never am.

I'm shy and introverted so it's really hard to be social.

I'm also extremely pessimistic, which is obviously bad.

I don't know what I'd swap those with. Something that won't make me hated.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I would definitely swap my selfishness to be... less selfish :P I hate how selfish I can be at times. It's hard to control my selfish thinking.

I would also swap my shyness and become more outspoken in real life :)

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I'm annoying occasionally, so I definitely would change that trait to something that isn't annoying.

I'm also kinda hot headed now sometimes, so I really want to change that. I want myself to be more calm and not too impulsive.

I just want a trait that would make me feel a better person.

Dan

Well I've thought quite long and intensively about this, I just cannot find a negative trait I hold. It's so frustrating I've been thinking for hours to find one. I believe I was genetically made in a lab to be the definition of perfect. Well I guess I have no business in this thread, have fun with your imbalanced traits and what not. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
People who answer with "nothing" are selfish people as they wouldn't think twice about changing who they are. ;)

That being said, I'm selfish too and I'd do something aboot it...but ofc that won't happen.

I also have a very gungho take-charge kind of personality with subjects that I like, when i really should learn to take the backseat in a multitude of times.

I wish I could stop speaking against things that I dislike; people in Africa deal with some of the worst :? in the world.

In general I wish I could be a more accepting person and stop hating things.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I tend to get overly passionate, and that has greatly inhibited my relationships and i'm tired of it. though I get really depressed sometimes to.. so I would trade my depression for control.. lol I would give anything for some control lol..

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am selfish, I admit it. And, to be honest, so is everybody else!

I remember the thread in Mature Discussion called selflessness (I'm too lazy to look for it), and how everybody said that nobody is truly selfless. And that is true.

So, that being said, I would definitely trade my selfishness for selflessness any day, because I hate being selfish; I really do. It's just who I am, and everybody else as well.

I would also, if I could, erase my judgmentality. I am not overly judgmental, but I do have a little bit of that trait within me, and I really wish I could trade it for somebody else. Unfortunately, I will likely never be rid of all prejudice that lives inside me, but it has definitely been decreasing over the years!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm fine with the way I am for the most part, but there is one part of me I'd want to give up; I'm not very assertive. I have an extremely hard time saying "No" to people. I would swap that out for a bit of outgoingness. I'm generally cooped up in a little shell, and until I get to know people, I'm not very open around them. A great example is when I went on senior week recently. I didn't know three of the people going with me, and I was really shy around them until I got to know them better. But one of them was really outgoing towards me even though he didn't know me. I'd like to be able to do that, to be outgoing and less shy. So I'd swap my lack of assertiveness for outgoingness.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I'd trade my current sense of humor. Sure, my jokes are great and really funny, but they're so dry and subtle that 99% of people don't get them, or that I'm being funny.

ILU

i luv u
I'd swap my lack of self-control for anything. Or my willpower. I don't know which. I have a really easy time setting goals and planning them out.... let me use my fat-loss (not weight loss) goals as an example: eat right, exercise, all the necessities. I do really well with all of it, and I got to the point where I can say "no" to fast food or buying junk that will rot my body. But if something unhealthy is put in front of me, I CANNOT say no to it. I devoured half a cake ALL BY MYSELF today because there was an office meeting and the staff didn't eat both cakes they ordered. AND I WANTED MORE. :| I really have absolutely no self-control with stuff like that, and it sucks because the guilt I feel afterward makes me hate myself sometimes. :/ It's a vicious cycle, and while I notice it strongest in what/how I eat, I've noticed the behavior here in there in other areas like gaming....

Similarly, I love gaming, but I also noticed that I was really missing out on life outside of my game room to the point that my family didn't even know what was up with me. So I've made an effort to get out and do stuff, and like I said, I plan well... but then somebody will pop in a game and ask me to play AND THERE GOES MY ENTIRE WEEKEND. And then nothing is done and I hate myself for letting everyone else at home down. DX

aaaagh bad self-control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom