• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Stop Playing the Legend of Zelda if Link Was Homosexual in the Next Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo wouldn't wouldn't do that as Link was made to have a connection with the player, hence the lack of "personality" and why he's called Link.
As for video games in general if the lead character was gay this wouldn't bother me, whether it was a major or minor thing. If there was some long make out scene between 2 dudes then i'd feel a little uncomfortable as I don't swing that way but that detail wouldn't put me of a good game.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Not that they ever would, but I guess it'd depend on how they went with it. If they turned the game into a total male harem, I'd have an issue with it. If the core idea of the games stayed the same (one childhood love interest, the prince(ss), the bad guy(girl?), but otherwise varied cast of both male and female characters), then I'd happily play it.

If Link's sexual orientation is only explored in an optional side quest, I would have no problems against the game.

However, if it's a major element of the main story, I might be a little put off by it but would most likely still play the game.

In the end, as long as the gameplay is not affected, I don't really care what sexual orientation Link is.

Because a character in a game being homosexual is a legitimate reason not to play it?

Link is a mindless submissive anyway so it isn't going to make a difference to the gameplay or narrative if he is or isn't homosexual because unless someone tells him to go and get it on with another guy to save Hyrule he isn't going to act upon his orientated desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom