• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Rather See a Zelda RTS or RPG?

Twilit Archon

We Burn... Burn With Us.
Neither is likely ever to happen unless Ninty goes belly up and follows Sega, and even then they will probably be too stuck in the past to branch out.

If it did happen though, which would you rather see? I think that either would be fantastic. They have a perfect 3 factions ready for an RTS; The forces of Hyrule, the forces of Ganon, and the Twilight Realm. The Twilight realm would be sort of like the Protoss, having to spread Twilight via Twilight Portals to build and with units getting a boost while moving through Twilight, Ganon would be like the Zerg with super fast spawning units and being able to infect and take control of other players, and Hyrule would be the Terrans. I use Starcraft as a comparison as it is the RTS I am most familiar with.

As for an RPG, which would be better? a Classic JRPG? Something styled like Seven Stars? An action RPG like Fable or Amalur? A massive epic like Elder Scrolls? or an MMO? I would actually really like to see Retro do something like a throwback Zelda RPG styled like Seven Stars.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I think both could be pretty good; as you mentioned, there are already all of the necessary factions to make an RTS with, and seeing as how the series already has some RPG elements in it, converting it into a full-fledged RPG could definately work. As for what kind of RPG to make it, I honestly don't know enough about RPGs to have a say in it. Something like Diablo or Fable could probably work well.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, to be frank, we've already seen a Zelda RPG. It's called Zelda II The Adventure of Link. It was good, but there's a reason why it's many peoples' least favorite game.

Now, a Zelda RTS? I mean, I've seen Halo pull it off when I thought it would never work, but it would be interesting to create soldiers like Darknuts, Bokoblins, etc. as the villain side, but what would the heroes make?

I would love for Nintenda to make a high quality Legend of Zelda RPG for the 3DS or something. A big open world, maybe a crafting system, an interesting level up system, with skills and such. Could be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom