• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you like Zelda to become Sheik again in BotW2?

Sheik is a cool customer, most people have fond memories of her from OoT and even Hyrule Warriors.

If Zelda in BotW2 is playable, would you like her to become Sheik at some point?

If she had the ability to become Sheik, it could help set Link and Zelda apart from a gameplay perspective.

Would you like to see Sheik return in BotW2 and have some unique gameplay mechanics?

Oooh, never even considered this as a possibility :D

Given how cool Sheik is, her return would be welcomed as long as is wasn't forced for the sake of "bringing Sheik back".

Perhaps if they made mention of Zelda studying with Impa & the other Sheikah, then take up her alias during the new adventure it could work well.

Give her some of her Hyrule warriors moves too + anything else BOTW2 wants to add then I'd be 100% down to see her again.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
It would be interesting to see a redesign in BOTW style that's for sure, then that version can be a costume in Smash someday.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I dunno if it'd fit BotW's Zelda from a character perspective. OoT Zelda needed a disguise and to defend herself in a kingdom controlled by Ganondorf. In BotW, Zelda was always focused on research and unlocking her powers. That doesn't really scream "secret ninja" to me. I could see her more as a mage type, maybe using the sheikah slate. I think she did say her sealing powers waned after Ganon was defeated at the end of BotW, though, so if she's gonna be playable she's gonna need something else to fight with. I just don't think that something else would fit as Sheik.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
There's not much I can add that hasn't already been said, but I agree that bringing Sheik back wouldn't be much more than fanservice. If anything, I think BotW Zelda would utilize the Sheikah tech-based armor and weapons like Link used in the first game. Zelda in Guardian armor with Guardian weapons sounds pretty awesome actually.

Not really, Zelda games already have a huge problem with repeating old tricks when it comes to stories and characters; the only thing Sheik would add to the game is, as others have said, nostalgia bait.

Unless of course, they go all the way and center the whole game on Sheik and ninja style gameplay, but that won't happen.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
As much as I was impressed by Shiek in OoT, I'd prefer to see some innovation. Give Zelda some of her canonical magical powers, or (given the nature of BotW) some archeological/technological affinity for the old Sheikah technology.

It's always been slightly disappointing to me that Zelda doesn't get that much agency when she's actually Zelda, and I'd love to see that problem substantially resolved.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While I like Zelda as Sheik in OoT, as others have said already I don't really feel like it would fit in BOTW2. I'd love Zelda to feature more prominently for sure and I think that this could be better done with alternative methods.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
If Zelda is playable in BotW2, (emphasis on the word "if") then a clever way to implement Sheik would be with an outfit that increases Zelda's stealth and changes her animations to be ninja-like.

Essentially, give Zelda the Stealth Set and make it look like Sheik from OoT. No plot-explanation necessary.

Sheik is a cool customer. But like others have said here, the secret ninja persona doesn't quite fit with the Zelda we've been introduced to in BotW. Not to mention she's already awakened her full goddess powers in the first one, so as it stands, she doesn't really have a need for hand-to-hand combat skills. Only way I can personally see Zelda becoming Sheik in BotW2 is if the following are true:

1) Her goddess powers are somehow disabled or significantly nerfed
2) Ganondorf or whoever the BBEG is takes over the kingdom and/or is hunting Zelda to the point she needs a disguise
3) There is a significant time skip to account for her training as a sheikah or some kind of small retcon saying she trained with the sheikah in between studying guardians and trying to awaken her powers.

While it's possible for all of these things to be true in BotW2, having them be true and be sufficiently distinct from OoT and feel like a natural progression might be a tall order. If they do it and do it well, I'm all for it. I'd just have my concerns until I saw it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom