• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Zelda Be More Popular Than Mario?

I think Zelda honestly deserves a lot more praise and popularity than Mario.. but at the same time I like how the game it's completely overkill like Mario is.

i would want zelda to become more popular than mario so they concentrate on it more and make more zelda games, as long as the dont wreak the series.

L

Linebeck II

I do not think that a franchise like Zelda has any chance of ever touching Mario. Why? Because Mario-Games are the ones that everybody grew up with, Mario games are family-friendly and easy to pick up, Mario-Games do not stick to one genre but basically spread over everything you could ask for. Mario Games are the number one system seller ever.

Nintendo tried to bring Zelda into the same position as you can see in some of the more recent commercials, they tried to show the casual-gamers how riddles in spirit tracks are basically similar to puzzles in Professor Layton.

Wasn't there a time where they said that Mario was actually better known than disney's Mickey Mouse?

I kind of think that's impossible. Not because people won't buy more Zelda games than Mario games, but because they seem to run parallel to each other. There are times when I want to play Zelda, and when I want to play Mario, but I couldn't really compare the two. They both bring different things to the table.

Z

zeldadungeon123

its more popular because you have a sword and shield and items to kill enemies and bosses and go through dungeos, plus ots open world.Mario, most of the time its not open world ,most of the time u dont have items. Sure theres enemies but to kill them u jump on them( or items in like NSMBW)So thats why its not as popular.

I'd like to see it be more popular, but I'd be worried that it'd change the franchise. More popularity could alter the way they do things and feel a need to add unnecessary aspects to the games to get an even wider audience and satisfy their growing following of fans. As long as popularity meant putting a focus on making Zelda the best it can be based on it's past and traditions, I'd say popularity would be a great thing.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
its more popular because you have a sword and shield and items to kill enemies and bosses and go through dungeos, plus ots open world.Mario, most of the time its not open world ,most of the time u dont have items. Sure theres enemies but to kill them u jump on them( or items in like NSMBW)So thats why its not as popular.
Well not to burst your bubble here but actually Mario is MORE popular than Zelda. That was the question. If you would like to see Zelda to become more popular than Mario. Because right now Mario wins in popularity. I think the majority of the ZD users like to see Zelda become more popular but I;m afraid that's not going to happen anytime soon

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I would love if this happened.
However mario games, unlike Zelda games, sort of "*****d" themselves out. Mario is more popular because mario games are more casual and you don't need to know much about anything to play them. I'd like if Zelda became more popular, but i'd be very sad if it were due to lack of effort in its games. If Zelda came out with party games and racing games and sports games, I'd be devastated.

I think Zelda should get more popularity. There is pros and cons to it though. For now, all i know is that zelda is better and its good enough for me :)

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I like Zelda far more than Mario but this is obvious considering I'm here on this forum and not somewhere else. The series doesn't get as much attention as Mario does and its fading with the newer generations. I'd like to see more publicity for Zelda and have it more popular among the younger generations not just the older ones.

He is Nintendo's mascot. If you look at the Nintendo US headquarters' sign Mario is right on it. I agree with everybody that it Nintendo puts more effort in Zelda games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom