• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Zelda Be More Popular Than Mario?

F

Firelord25

It could go ether way for me yes if a game like Skyward Sword, in other words a solid title. But no if there is a game like Phantom Hourglass. Another thing is that will never happen Mario is the number 1 selling game of 2011 and probably 2012

i agree completly. finally somebody sees this my way

they also have those phantom hourglass mini statue things and there really cute

No, not really. The Legend of Zelda isn't the kind of series to be capable of supporting a bunch of spin-offs like Mario can. It's just that not every franchise can have smaller branches such as MarioKart and MarioParty without "ruining" it.

Mario has always had a light-hearted, comical feel to it, so Nintendo can do a lot of things with it without making such a debate amongst fans. The spin-offs stay true to the series, but they meet the preferences of other gamers.

So, it makes sense that Mario is more popular than The Legend of Zelda. And, I like it that way. Though I love Mario, the fact that I like Legend of Zelda despite its inflexiblity makes it more popular to me. And that's all that matters.

G

GoronVSLink

Clash game between Mario and Link, or better yet, a game were both of them join forces to save their princesses from Ganondorf and Bowser. In my mind, it would be called, Super Legend of Mushroom Land!

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
F*** Mario, Zelda's better and Luigi's cooler. 'Nuff said

No, not really. The Legend of Zelda isn't the kind of series to be capable of supporting a bunch of spin-offs like Mario can. It's just that not every franchise can have smaller branches such as MarioKart and MarioParty without "ruining" it.

Heh heh, my message for street pass on Mario Kart 7 is "WhynoZeldaKart?!

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Wait...I think that Zelda Series is already more populair then the Mario Series. I think most gamers out there would buy a nintendo console just for Zelda rather then Mario.

Just because Mario is the main mascot and just because mario gets more advertisement, does not mean its more populair.

Example: Check this poll results on IGN
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212688p1.html

zellinkda

one of many
Wait...I think that Zelda Series is already more populair then the Mario Series. I think most gamers out there would buy a nintendo console just for Zelda rather then Mario.

Just because Mario is the main mascot and just because mario gets more advertisement, does not mean its more populair.

Example: Check this poll results on IGN
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212688p1.html

I disagree on some levels, since i go to school or wherever and i wear my zelda shirt, and everyone comes up to me and says: what is that? but people who've played both tell me that zelda's way better, or they've only seen it in SSBB/SSBM/SSB

Heck yeah. People always call Nintendo "kiddie" and it always makes me mad. It isn't true. People think that because Mario is the face of Nintendo. If Link were to become the face of Nintendo, that would change. So yes.

No it wouldn't, I've been mocked for playing Zelda and i'm sure plenty of other have too.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It kinda already is. At least in the eyes of a gamer. Mario has more abilities to branch out into different kinds of games, such as sports, which is something Zelda will never have. However, Zelda is always more anticipated than Mario, which makes it more popular in a few different ways. To the general public, Mario is definitely more popular, but gaming-wise, Zelda has the upper hand.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
I disagree on some levels, since i go to school or wherever and i wear my zelda shirt, and everyone comes up to me and says: what is that? but people who've played both tell me that zelda's way better, or they've only seen it in SSBB/SSBM/SSB
^
It kinda already is. At least in the eyes of a gamer. Mario has more abilities to branch out into different kinds of games, such as sports, which is something Zelda will never have. However, Zelda is always more anticipated than Mario, which makes it more popular in a few different ways. To the general public, Mario is definitely more popular, but gaming-wise, Zelda has the upper hand.

JuicieJ understands my point of view.
Mario is more populair to general public, but Zelda is more populair among gamers.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would never want to see Zelda more popular than Mario. Back then when the two first released, maybe, but not now. Seeing as how Mario games can be released day in and day out and still get positive reception no matter how poorly done they are, having Zelda replace Mario at the big shot would, from how I see it, destroy the LoZ reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom