• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Would You Like to See Twilight Princess for the 3ds?

I have to say after the announcement of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, anything is possible. I will say the graphics for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D are very slightly less appealing than the Wii's version, but they still look really good. If Donkey Kong Country Returns can pull it off on the 3DS, why can't Twilight Princess? Remember the Wii is supposed to have better Graphics than the GameCube and if a Wii game can still look good on the 3DS, so can a GameCube Game.

like I said earlier on, there are other reasons why Twilight Princess won't hit the 3DS, but Graphics will not be a concern.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I have to say after the announcement of Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, anything is possible.

I think the reason they decided to port DKCR to the 3DS was because of its use of the background in levels. Donkey (and Diddy) often go into the background for short periods of time during the game, and things sometimes fly at you while you in the foreground. 3D would significantly benefit this sort of feature.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Nope. As I've said before, there should far less focus on remakes and much more emphasis on new games. Furthermore, people still own Wiis. Obtaining a copy of TP isn't hard. Also, the game is fine as it is, and I personally feel that it doesn't need a remake now or anytime soon. Perhaps we'll see it on VC but likely not on a handheld, and likely not in this generation.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I don't ever want another Twilight Princess. It's the black sheep of the series for me (no offence to those who like it). That being said... I'd rather a TWILIGHT PRINCESS sequel than a Majora's Mask remake. I don't understand why so many people are begging for a MM remake when 3DS has already had 2 remade titles (Starfox AND OoT). I will say this; if we get a original Zelda, I'm all for a MM remake BUT ONLY AFTER an original 3DS Zelda. Plus, I'd like to see more dungeons and maybe a week long cycle. I'm not much for a graphical reboot and strapping a 39 dollar price tag on it. If they wanna just remake the game, put a price of 19 bucks on it.

Twilight Princess already got a remake for the Wii, right? And since Wii games work fine on the WiiU, I don't see a reason to make it come to the 3DS.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Honesty, I'm sick of remakes. OoT 3D, FS anniversary edition, and now Wind Waker HD. While SS was in the middle and was a very good game, I feel like it's time for a BRAND NEW 3DS game, and later on a BRAND NEW WII U game.

And, in addition, if TP is ever remade, it will happen in ten years and be on a home console. Handhelds can't handle TP's awesomeness.

I think this sums up my sentiments.
Although, the 3ds can have almost wii quality graphics. I don't think TP3D would be all that bad.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Twilight Princess is the last game to need to be remade. Even if it were just a port, the fact it's already available for two consoles (and playable on a third) is enough. A game that feels more primitive such as Majora's Mask would be a more suited towards a 3DS version, I think.

D

DeamonLink666

Nah. I would like to see Majoras Mask because they already released OOT on the 3DS.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
No. Twilight Princess seems a little... new, I guess? Releasing it for the 3ds would result in having the EXACT SAME GAME with different graphics. Waste of money.

I'm not much familiar with the 3DS's capabilities, but wouldn't Twilight Princess be a bit of an overkill for it?

Although it would be interesting to have such a large game in a handheld console.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's not something I would ever want to see. A big screen adventure downgraded to a portable console. The Graphics would not be improved or done justice because the 3DS only has the power of the console TP was originally built for.
If ever TP were to get a remake it would be for the Wii U, the only console that could do it the justice it deserves.

I don't understand the deal people are making over the graphics, here. Seriously, the 3DS has more power than the GameCube, so if anything, its resolution would probably look better due to the smaller screen. Beyond that... does it really matter? Twilight Princess isn't exactly a game to get worked up over "not looking good". Its colors are insanely bland and its scenery isn't the least bit impressive. The scenery thing honestly goes for the entire series, but the drab green, brown, and grey overdose of TP's palette make it even worse. This is not to say the game looks bad, it's just... people are acting like a game that already doesn't look amazing will be raped visually by the 3DS for no reason whatsoever.

It would not be raped visually by the 3DS but the game does not look very impressive any more and the 3DS would do nothing to change that. The only way to give it the visual overhaul it deserves is on the HD capable WiiU. The tech demo at E3 showed how good an HD TP would look and if they decide not to use that look on the next original Wii U title, I would like to see it in a remake of TP at some stage.

Last edited:
G

Griffion

TP on 3DS No. A game that looks and is designed like TP (maybe a sequal to it). Yes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom