• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you like to see these in an Oracles remake?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
So with LA switch being a fairly recent remake, and Zeldas 35th on the horizon, a lot of people are thinking that the oracle games could be coming next. I have 3 separate questions about them that could’ve easily gone into their own individual threads, but I decided to consolidate them in to one convenient thread. Ain’t I great?

1.Would you like to see them separate titles or combined?
And by this I don’t mean as separate purchases, I mean would you rather have them be one continuous game, or have them be 2 games bundled together collection-style?

I feel like the main gimmick from the original would be removed by combining them, and that would be pretty detrimental to the legacy of the originals.

2.Do you want Capcom to develop them again?
This ones pretty self explanatory.

Personally, I think that Capcom has a pretty sub-par track record with the Zelda series, with their best one easily being MC (and even that one was just kinda OK). I’m not totally against having them be developed by Capcom, as they were the ones who originally developed the oracle games in the first place, and they did get marginally better between entries, but I’d probably be more wary of the titles if they were.

3.Would you want to see the third oracle game remade as well?
If you didn’t know, there was originally going to be a third oracle game, but it was eventually scrapped. I don’t know if the ideas and designs from that were used in later titles like they did with the cut content from WW, but adding the third game to the bundle would be a nice addition to the extra content, certainly more than the dungeon maker was in LA switch.

Now it’s no secret that I’m not the biggest fan of the oracle games (or maybe it is I’m not a mind reader), but I’d personally love to see them remade as they had some really cool concepts in there, just executed horribly. LA switch made LA go from a mid-tier game for me to one of my favorites in the entire series, so an Oracles remake could really bring love to some titles that could really use it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
don't care, just want to see them be actual GOOD GAMES

...but for the sake of the thread
1. I doubt they'll go to the effort to just make them into one journey, that'd be a meaty ass zelda game though

2. is that team even around still? I'd say no, let nintendo fix the mess they made

3. I'd be interested on the merits of it being a new overhead zelda, but carrying the "oracles" moniker is already leaving a sour impression, so I could take it or leave it

1. I can't see them being anything other than separate. Running them together as one long game would be awful and wreck the pacing. You'd also have to play one before the other, it'd just not be nice.

2. No. Why would they when Nintendo have Grezzo as their remake mules?

3. Wasn't the idea for the third Oracle game just turned into the linked post game anyway? It was originally supposed to be a trilogy with each featuring Din, Nayru and Farore. The third one was supposed to be Oracle of Secrets which is what Farore is in the linked game.

So if they're to remake the Oracles I can't see them not redoing the linked game as a post game extra.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
3. Wasn't the idea for the third Oracle game just turned into the linked post game anyway? It was originally supposed to be a trilogy with each featuring Din, Nayru and Farore. The third one was supposed to be Oracle of Secrets which is what Farore is in the linked game.
I think Oracle of Secrets is the fan name that people came up with after Ages and Seasons released. Originally they were all three called Mystical Seed of Power/Courage/Wisdom. Power was going to be combat focused, Wisdom puzzle based, but they never revealed what Courage was going to be about. I did read one time that Courage was going to have a theme of time to solve puzzles, and they ended up adapting that for Oracle of Ages. It's likely that Ages is filled with puzzles geared for Mystical Seeds of Courage, so the stuff that actually got tossed out was the original plans for Mystical Seeds of Wisdom, namely that the key item was going to be a Magic Paintbrush instead.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I think two separate $30 games would probably be the way to go, with the option to buy them together (both in the same case for physical version?) I wouldn’t want them to be in the same style as LA, but they probably wouldn’t be developed by Capcom.

I would call it cheeky if they weren't on a single cartridge, but they'd be separate games with a master menu. That way you can choose your order.

There is lots of talk about the third game as though it was highly developed before being scrapped, but I've not seen anything to suggest it was anything beyond the rough concept. Oracle of Secrets was certainly not its name. That's simply Farore's title in her role enabling the secrets mechanic. But it has grown into one of those urban myths, bit like the way it seems some people believe the next game is actually called Breath of the Wild 2 due to the proliferation of the fake title card.

It is especially annoying to me when these fan mockups of games that don't exist are used as deceptive clickbait thumbnails. More than one YT channel has gotten the don't recommend from me because of it.

The link think and better graphics and GANON RUINED RESURECTION

1. They shouldn't be combined. Being able to choose which one you play first is one of the best parts of the Oracle games, and forcing an order wouldn't benefit them.

2. I would like Capcom to help develop them. But I'd also like to have the normal Zelda team more directly involved so that they can feel like a more core Zelda experience.

3. I wouldn't like to see the third Oracle game because they've reused the concepts throughout the series. Originally the Mystical Seed of Wisdom game was supposed to be about Color and the Mystical Seed of Courage game was the one about time, but then they cut the third game and made Oracle of Ages about time instead. They then went on to use the color mechanic, albeit sparingly, in ALBW, where the main villain runs around with a Bowser Jr.-esque magical paintbrush. So they've already done the last game, in the same way they've spread the mechanics of the last two cut Wind Waker dungeons throughout the rest of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom