• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Would you like to see the anime-styled opening used throughout Link's Awakening Remake as cutscenes?

One of the best parts of the recent reveal of the Link's Awakening Remake's reveal trailer was the gorgeous Studio Ghibli-like animation that played out at the beginning where Link's raft is struck by lightning.

I would very much like to see the animation style used throughout the game for important story moments, especially the ending.

But with Zelda usually opting for in engine cutscenes maybe we'll only see this animation for the beginning and the end of the game.

Regardless, would you like to see more animated cutscenes throughout the game like we saw in the trailer?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I imagine there'll be portrait stills in that style for some of the more notable parts of the game, such as link and marin on the beach when you need to take her to the animal village or saving marin in tal tal heights, I can't imagine much scenes in the game would be animated but that'd be a pleasant surprise

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I would definitely appreciate it but im not sure how many animated cutscenes were in the original game and this is just a remastering. I don't know if they will be adding more story to it, however, it is quite possible. I do think that the anime style cutscene and the chibi in game animation do clash a bit though so we will see how it goes I guess.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Yes I would. BlackWolf/WhiteAngel did bring to mind that it would be awkward to have one art style for the cutscenes and one for the gameplay, but I actually think that would be cool. The game takes place in a dream right? And I would imagine that art style would be a good way to distinguish between reality and dream (a lot of other games/movies/tv shows do this to differentiate alternate dimensions).

Quin

Disaster Master
Only the intro and ending, like the original.

I rather see a whole game with that artstyle. Maybe for the next real zelda...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom