• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Final Fantasy 5, 6 or 7 Remake on the 3DS

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I would love to see a remake of at least one these games. I know,(was it Sakaguchi?) was considering remaking 5&6 for the 3DS. I would also just love to see 7 on the 3DS. I'm not sure if 7 would be possible or not, considering that the game was spread across three discs, also i'm not sure if it would only be available on sony systems. So, would you like to see one of these games? all of them?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would love to see 7 remade for the 3DS. I think the only reason it spanned 3 discs was that the PS1 optical disc didn't have enough space for all of those FMVs.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I would love to see 5,6, and 7 although 6 is already on the virtual console but 7 is what I'd like to see the most.

I would love to see a remake of at least one these games. I know,(was it Sakaguchi?) was considering remaking 5&6 for the 3DS. I would also just love to see 7 on the 3DS. I'm not sure if 7 would be possible or not, considering that the game was spread across three discs, also i'm not sure if it would only be available on sony systems. So, would you like to see one of these games? all of them?

But FF7 remake is not to Be Sadly. But I would love to see on of that, or FF9, 6 to cause I'm in the middle of that.

There are two ways I want to see VI remade:
1. Dissidia models instead of sprites. I'd love to see a little more detail in what happens (like showing the actual stabbing when
Kefka stabs Leo, and Celes stabs Kefka.
) using 3D models.
2. A diorama-ish set-up. Keep the original game, but make the mode 7 stuff 3d. Make it look like there's some actual distance from the camera to the distant point. I'd also like to see the sprites stick-up when they should; castles, fortresses, characters, forests, mountains, etc.)

I want VII to be remade, but really just with updated textures and music. Maybe some new materia, and a couple of bonus bosses. I also want to see Yuffie and Vincent in FMVs. Also, for the love of god, keep the art-style STYLIZED like it was originally; I don't want to see the ugly Cloud model from Crisis Core or Advent Children, I want the goofy looking Cloud from the original game. I'd prefer they not do voice-acting, but if they do, I want the following:
Cloud Strife - Jonathan Potts
Barret Wallace - Mr. T
Cid Highwind - Clint Eastwood
Yuffie Kisaragi - Cassandra Lee
Tifa Lockharte - Cristina Valenzuela
Vincent Valentine - Lance Bass
Cait Sith - Stephen Merchant
Reeve Tuesti - Vin Diesel
Don Corneo - Tony Brafa
Rufus Shinra - John Cleese
Hojo - Christopher Lloyd
Heidegger - Eli Wallach
Sephiroth - Sylvester Stallone (Or someone with a deep menacing voice)

Last edited:
I want to see FF6 get the FF4DS treatment. ...or just get more love in general. FF7 got a TON of spinoffs. FF4 got a spinoff and a bunch of remakes. FF6 got ported to GBA, PSX, and Virtual Console.

I thought 4 was great, and I was very happy to see it get some more love. I think 6 is better and deserves more than it's gotten so far.

As for 7 on the 3DS, they could make it happen if they got rid of pre-rendered backgrounds and videos and rendered everything in realtime. It would probably make the 3D easier to do, and the 3D slider would actually have an effect that way. (If you've used the Sheikah stones in OoT3D, the hint videos are pre-rendered and the 3D slider has no effect on them.)

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
There are two ways I want to see VI remade:
1. Dissidia models instead of sprites. I'd love to see a little more detail in what happens (like showing the actual stabbing when
Kefka stabs Leo, and Celes stabs Kefka.
) using 3D models.
2. A diorama-ish set-up. Keep the original game, but make the mode 7 stuff 3d. Make it look like there's some actual distance from the camera to the distant point. I'd also like to see the sprites stick-up when they should; castles, fortresses, characters, forests, mountains, etc.)

I want VII to be remade, but really just with updated textures and music. Maybe some new materia, and a couple of bonus bosses. I also want to see Yuffie and Vincent in FMVs. Also, for the love of god, keep the art-style STYLIZED like it was originally; I don't want to see the ugly Cloud model from Crisis Core or Advent Children, I want the goofy looking Cloud from the original game. I'd prefer they not do voice-acting, but if they do, I want the following:
Cloud Strife - Jonathan Potts
Barret Wallace - Mr. T
Cid Highwind - Clint Eastwood
Yuffie Kisaragi - Cassandra Lee
Tifa Lockharte - Cristina Valenzuela
Vincent Valentine - Lance Bass
Cait Sith - Stephen Merchant
Reeve Tuesti - Vin Diesel
Don Corneo - Tony Brafa
Rufus Shinra - John Cleese
Hojo - Christopher Lloyd
Heidegger - Eli Wallach
Sephiroth - Sylvester Stallone (Or someone with a deep menacing voice)
Cid + Clint Eastwood = AWESOME.
MR.T voicing clint eastwood would be awesome too.

I want a Final Fantasy 5 and 6 remake. Those are two of my favorite Final Fantasy games and think that they both need more attention than Square had given them. Especially Final Fantasy 5. I haven't met anyone who has played through all of Final Fantasy 5.

Yes, yes, yes PLEASE. I have been awaiting a Final Fantasy 7 remake forever, but remakes of FF5 and FF6 as well would be 3x the awesome. :yes:

I was really hoping for a FF7 remake for the PS3, though, but I guess a 3DS remake would suffice, as long as we're talking about "remakes" here; noportsplzkthxbai. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Square are thinking about it. And I think it's on PSP, too. I'd rather get it on the 3DS though, because I am a Ninty fan boy.

But I should play more Xbox.

Despite the fact that I think FFVII is highly overrated, I would definitely like to see it on the 3DS, along with FFV. FFVI I could do without because I own the GBA version and it's now downloadable, don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite games, but i don't think i'd be willing to spend another $50 on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom