• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Another Donkey Kong Country Game for Wii U?

I would for sure! I'm surprised they haven't announced anything yet but I really hope they do!

If they do, I would like to see the return of the Kremlings and K.Rool. Also, they should do 4 player mode like they did with Mario Wii and Kirby Return to Dreamland.

Playable characters would be Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong (of course) and they should bring back Dixie Kong and make Funky Kong a playable character this time!

They should also bring back water stages too and bring back Enguarde the Swordfish. Water stages in the original is actually one of my favorite levels and the music in them was so good so they should bring that back I think.

That would be one hell of a DKC game!

What about you? Would you like to see another DKC game and what things would like in it?

Last edited:
So many Donkey Kong Country threads as of late...

I would certainly like to see a new Donkey Kong Country game for the Wii U but it would have to be a worthwhile upgrade. The four player idea is certainly a good thing and multiple layered backgrounds should make a return once more. Water stages can be included as long as they don't slow down the overall pace of the game. Cooperative play should be drop-in, drop-out at any moment. Also, Nintendo should take the ultimate step towards the future of 2D platforming by including online play.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I wouldn't mind seeing another Donkey Kong Country game, but I also wouldn't mind seeing another 3D one similar to Donkey Kong 64. Either way would be fine with me as long as the Classic Donkey Kong games come back. I don't want another jungle beat or whatever the hell happened on the Gamecube with Donkey Kong....that was just sad.

If either of those games (preferably done by Retro) were made, I would buy them.

They really can't bring back the Kremlings as they are owned by RARE who is owned by Microsoft. That's the reason why no Donkey Kong games after DK64 featured the Kremlings. I believe that K.Rool is also owned by RARE, but I could be wrong. And no a 4 player Donkey Kong game wouldn't be the same. I think it would just be an abomination to the series, but I've been wrong before. It just doesn't seem like it would work well. Could you elaborate on your idea?

As for characters....I'd want them all to come back Donkey, Diddy, Dixie, Kiddy, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky....but I know that won't happen. If I had to choose 3 it would be Donkey, Diddy, and Dixie.

So many Donkey Kong Country threads as of late...

Yeah Sorry about that....I think I started a trend

Last edited:

Dan

I would love for there to a be a new Donkey Kong country for the wii U. Although I haven't played DKC returns on the Wii completely I don't believe it captured the older style of the series , not that there's anything wrong with that.
I would love to see some levels based on Donkey Kong country 2 Diddy kongs quest. Preferably the carnival level , bramble levels (mainly for another Nintendo remix of bramble blast) and the Hive levels. It should also include new content as much as I love games giving older content a new paint job there should always be new creative idea's for content and not just recycling. I wasn't practically fond of the enemies in DKC returns they seemed a bit silly and non threatening to me.

Awesome I had no idea about the Kremlin's still belonging to RARE that's such a shame. The new game also needs the return of the other friendly animals such as the spider, pogo snake etc. One aspect I liked in DKC2 is how you mastered the physics of the world , the last levels and secret world levels made you use every bit of that knowledge of the skills you learned. Procession jumping, the animal skills and all that Jazz. I thought it was quite ingenues when you had to use every animal for that particular level. The game taught you to get better. The difficulty gradually getting harder at a wonderful pace. I think Retro studios should replay DKC2 again and apply the best aspects to the next DKC they create.

MW7

I wouldn't mind seeing another Donkey Kong Country game, but I also wouldn't mind seeing another 3D one similar to Donkey Kong 64. Either way would be fine with me as long as the Classic Donkey Kong games come back. I don't want another jungle beat or whatever the hell happened on the Gamecube with Donkey Kong....that was just sad.

I feel the same. I just want Donkey Kong with somewhat normal gameplay. The Gamecube Donkey Kong games to me are one of the best examples of why innovation for the sake of innovation isn't such a good idea, and it's not really a good idea to completely abandon a style of game that is popular. Game designers can change things up, but they should probably ask themselves if anyone actually wants them to do what they're doing. Another example would be Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts which is actually a good game from what I've heard- the problem with it though is that people were pretty clear with what they wanted and something very different was delivered. Sorry to ramble off topic, but I really don't want any beloved game series to be stylistically sidetracked for a decade again. I just don't trust game companies ever since they did this- "let's see they loved 2d platforming with DKC and loved the transition to 3d platforming and adventure with DK 64 so what should we do... how about drums?"

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Awesome I had no idea about the Kremlin's still belonging to RARE that's such a shame. The new game also needs the return of the other friendly animals such as the spider, pogo snake etc. One aspect I liked in DKC2 is how you mastered the physics of the world , the last levels and secret world levels made you use every bit of that knowledge of the skills you learned. Procession jumping, the animal skills and all that Jazz. I thought it was quite ingenues when you had to use every animal for that particular level. The game taught you to get better. The difficulty gradually getting harder at a wonderful pace. I think Retro studios should replay DKC2 again and apply the best aspects to the next DKC they create.

It is indeed. I just wish that RARE would sell the rights or at least give Nintendo and Retro the ability to use said characters. As much I liked playing Returns, your right. It just didn't feel the same as the old games. I really don't know how to describe it other then it wasn't the same. I grew up with a SNES and the Donkey Kong Country Trilogy was my life (no I didn't own A Link to the Past back then :( ) I played those games constantly because they were so much fun. Before my Zelda obsession, there was another and it was Donkey Kong. I couldn't get enough of the series. But that all died with the GameCube. The Wii revived my monkey friends, but they still just weren't the same. If Donkey Kong returns on the WiiU, which I have no doubt about, Retro needs to give me something that brings back the magic of those games. Donkey Kong Country Returns was close, but close only counts in grenades and horseshoes.

Only if it's a good Donkey Kong Country game. I didn't enjoy Returns that much and would love to see Rare come back (which is doubtful unless Nintendo uses all their supposed Wii riches to buy them back)
Shigeru's tree is still planted outside Rare HQ..

And no a 4 player Donkey Kong game wouldn't be the same. I think it would just be an abomination to the series, but I've been wrong before. It just doesn't seem like it would work well. Could you elaborate on your idea?

It would just be like 4 player mode with what they did with New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Both classic platforming games that now has 4 players to play. I just figured it would be a cool idea to have in the next DKC game. I mean why not? I don't see how hat would be in abomination? Was it an abomination to Mario and Kirby? What's wrong with 4 player mode?

Anyways, even if you don't have 4 or maybe 3 players to play with I still think of having them bring back Dixie and this time around have Funky Kong a playable character, and instead of player 1 always choosing to play the main character in this case Donkey Kong they should let you choose which character you want to play as, much like what they did in Super Mario Bros 2 and have each character have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Donkey Kong would be the strongest but slow, Diddy would be the fastest but not as strong as DK, Dixie would jump farther and float with her hair but also not be as strong and Funky would be also be strong and fast but not jump as far. Just some examples I'm throwing out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
After the mighty success that was DKCR, I don't see why Nintendo WOULDN'T capitalize on that offer. I'm all for a DKC Wii U :yes:

There's always room for a DK game, DKC though.. they seem to be 2D and most of the 2D game out for the Wii seemed to be 2D because it was thought that the console 'wasn't powerful enough' for anything else which is BS. I'd like to see another DK game like DK64, that was a legendary game, i'd like to see Nintendo move away from the 2D genre again. I love 2D but it feels more suited for the 3DS, the two Wii Kirby games could have easily been on the 3DS.. DK64 was wonderful and I want to see that kind of game again. Orange grenades, projectile weapons, and over world between levels (the 'Raresoft' / 'Kazooie') set up. So we'll see but we can't let DK skip a gen again like he did with the Gamecube. =[

Fig

The Altruist
I would like to see another Donkey Kong Country game for the Wii U! It would so amazing to use the gyro controls to slap the ground, make a ground pound, swim through the waters, tilt the gamepad to balance the mine cart, something like that! That would be awesome!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I would like to see a DK installment for the new Wii U. It would be amazing to have DK return for a new game in the Wii U. I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do that for DK.

Linksister82

Setterwind
Yes I would! I also hope they make it as good as the other DKC games were. They are on a roll so far IMO.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Yeah, a new DKC game in HD would be amazing. DKCR is one of the greatest platformers I have ever played. Maybe that's what Retro is working on...that would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom