• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Another 2d Zelda Game?

Z

zadeer101

I love the 3d Zelda games as much as the next guy, but what I would like to see (although it is unlikely) is another brand new 2d Zelda title. All the 2d games (such as FSA and ALtTP to name a few) Have always looked and played much differently than their 3d counterparts. Although it is unlikely for this to happen because people seem to enjoy this generations fancy 3d graphics (myself included), I still enjoyed all the 2d games no less than my favorite 3d ones. My question is, would you like to see a new 2d Zelda title (and why of coarse!), and do you believe it is even possible that A 2d title would even be released?

With the limited restrictions of 2D-graphics they could make a truly gigantic game. It could be so, very, very good. Even if it wouldnt be gigantic i would still like to see one though. I would even want to play a new sidescrolling 2D-adventure.. a spiritual sequel to Adventure of Link. With items and more magic.^^

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
personally, I'd prefer a 3-D game, not because I have anything against 2-D games or anything like that, I just like to have the ability to explore a 3-D terrain. Well, that and I find 2-D Zelda games dreadfully difficult...

But that's just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I wouldn't mind seeing another 2D Zelda game. The Minish Cap is one of the best Zelda games and Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks did a great job of using the 2D style.

Kind of like how in Four Swords Adventures when you entered a house the screen would shift to the GBA, maybe there's some way that the Wii U Game Pad could be used to have both 3D and 2D styles run alongside each other. I'm not creative enough to think of how though.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I do not think 2D is necessary anymore. This is nothing against the 2D games. It's simply that 2D graphics are outdated. With the technology we have these days, who would want to go back to 2D sprites instead of 3D models? Just look at the difference.

2D:
images

3D:
iGZ3DGwyhLYCi.png

If you ask me, 2D would be a step backward, and why move backward when you can move forward? Surely new 3D graphic styles and qualities are being experimented with. 2D sprites seem a lot more restricting in terms of visual quality. 3D models seem to boast higher quality. I don't see any reason why we should take a step back to 2D when we can step forward with 3D.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another game like Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks with 2.5D graphics. However I highly doubt we'll see full-blown 2D again in a new game. 2D is just simply outdated.

Just look at the difference.

You surely can't think that a new 2d-title would look like that?
You can make a full HD 1080p game with 2D-graphics. Just imagine beautiful handdrawn graphics perfectly immerged to the game. It would look amazing.

That would truly be art come to life. <3

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Just imagine beautiful handdrawn graphics perfectly immerged to the game. It would look amazing.

Something like this?

ALTTP Redeux.jpg

I have no idea who originally created this image, I just saw it online one day and saved it immediately. I would gladly pay money to have a Zelda game that looked something like this. Whether it was on the 3DS or the Wii U and whether it was A Link To The Past or a totally original game, it doesn't matter, I would hand my money over and thank the shop assisstant for their service.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd love another 2D, read: 2D game in the Zelda series. I don't want a 2.5D or a 3D game, but a 2D game. It'd mix things up in this day and age. It'd be relatively new, or at least give the mirage that it is new. Nintendo could try out varying new things with the format, regardless of if the style is outdated or not. New Super Mario Bros thrives despite the giant releases of 64 and the two Galaxies, so why can't Zelda do the same?

Z

zadeer101

Something like this?

View attachment 28875

I have no idea who originally created this image, I just saw it online one day and saved it immediately. I would gladly pay money to have a Zelda game that looked something like this. Whether it was on the 3DS or the Wii U and whether it was A Link To The Past or a totally original game, it doesn't matter, I would hand my money over and thank the shop assisstant for their service.

I think somthing like that with elements of the original 2d games would be wonderful!

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
2D Zelda games have their own gameplay which makes for a great Zelda experience. There's no reason to drop 2D from Zelda. Mario continues to pump out 3D games and 2D games. They both work well and I see no reason why Zelda can't do this as well. Nintendo has no desire to get rid of their 2D games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom