• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like To See a Zelda Racing Game

Vehicles
Car, Snowmobile, Snowboard, Motorbike

Characters
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Sheik, Sakon, Gorman, Navi, Talo, Tingle, Barnes, Postman, Mr Barten, Ganon, Curiousity Shop Man, Groose+ etc....

Stages
Kakariko Village, Snowhead, Clock Town, Skyloft, Hyrule Field, Zora Domain, etc..

What do you think?

Last edited:

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Well, not really. The idea of it is cool, but a game of it just sounds a bit boring. I'm just fine with a regalur Zelda game.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
ZeldaKart Wii.....
10K9s

Dan

Atty-burger with your talent, you should be designing the cover art for Nintendo. ;)

I actually think this would be a neat idea, as much as I love Mario kart it does seem like Nintedo have sort of ran out of idea's for it. So perhaps Zelda kart could be a nice "placeholder" so Nintendo can think of more concepts for Mario kart to perhaps evolve it further. Oh and lower those pitchforks and master sword rip-offs, of course the Zelda kart, wouldn't be cannon, god forbid it messes up your poor little timey wimey line, or maybe it can be a split timeline where all the Zelda characters are just obsessed with kart racing instead of the tri-force. ;)

Anyway I could honestly see it with a lot of potential and it would be fun to race on some great Hyrule/other location landscapes, if not that at least a Hyrule track in the next mario kart. :D

Absolutely not. It doesn't fit Zelda in any way. I think that putting Link in Mario Kart as a side character would be cool though.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Hmmm, not really, i dont see the reason in a Zelda Racing game, i could see a Zelda fighting game, but this, no, only because i woudnt see Link riding any sort of cart, plus Mario is freinds with everone in his race, yes even Bowser, in most games these days they end up freinds, Link doesnt do that.

Tictalk

Anouki
Where did you get that official box art??? It looks so good!

In all seriousness though, I don't think it's a good idea cause nintendo takes Zelda seriously. Mario can have racing and sports games because he dosnt have a serious reputation.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Zelda is a non conformist series and definitely won't conform to Mario's spin-off games like you squares want. Zelda is an adventure series because it wants to, Zelda made the Tingle games because it wants to, Zelda didn't make the CDi games but would have if it wanted to!

In all seriousness, no. You can't turn something into what it's not and Zelda isn't a racing game.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
What, I don't even. There are hardly any "vehicles" in the game, and it wouldn't work at all. What items would they throw? The only good player would be Link. I deny this idea.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
what is this I don't even

No. Just no. If I want the Zelda series to have side-games I still want them to be in the action-adventure genre, just taking on different subject matter other than saving the world, i.e. The Legend of Groose. Any other genre of game and I don't see how it can really work.

Although, to be fair, Link was pretty cool in SoulCalibur, and Smash Bros. always has good Zelda characters.
Ok I rescind that, action-adventure and fighting games are the only two genres I'll accept for a spin-off game.

There are many things to consider when making a spin-off of a well-known and respected franchise. Zelda is known for elements such as exploration, solving puzzles, and subtle combat mechanics. If at least some of these elements are not carried over into a spin-off, there's little sense in making one in the first place; it might as well be a game under any other series, or its own original title. If there were to be a Zelda racing game at all, it would need to adhere to the Zelda formula in some fashion.

It's also probably not a good idea for characters to suddenly adopt things like cars, motorbikes, and snowboards in such a game, as Zelda has not quite explored that level of technology. There are ways to make it work; perhaps the Ancient Robots from Skyward Sword are at the heart of all this and designed the machines to avert some fate. The real problem is how players are going to perceive it. Regardless of how well the system works, if players are just too weirded out by the thought of machines thrown in haphazardly, they're likely going to give the game a low or mixed grade, and many players would be too polarized to even consider giving it a shot. It may be a wiser idea to make things like horses, boats, dragons, and Loftwings - things the series has already seen - the vehicles of transportation.

All this being said, I'm not averse to a Zelda racing game. I believe Zelda should occasionally try its hand at other genres, so long as the core gameplay is kept intact. Ocarina of Time allowed you to fire a bow from horseback, and Twilight Princess introduced horseback sword-fighting. Rather than picking up random items as in Mario Kart, perhaps players could equip themselves from the beginning with their weapons and attributes of choice and use both racing skill and strategy to make their ways to the finish. There's a lot that could be done here.

Racing is not at the top of my Zelda Spin-off Acceptance List, but it's far from the bottom, too. It could work, but I'm not exactly bouncing up and down with glee waiting for it to happen. So long as the basics are handled appropriately, I don't think most Zelda fans would have a problem playing it when it was released, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom