• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Would You Like to See a TP 2?

What is it with some people with hating TP? I place it behind only OoT and MM in quality.

A simple matter of opinion really. I personally don't hate TP but it isn't very great in my book. Midna was really one of the major reasons that the game didn't work for me. I personally didn't like being commanded around by a shadow imp telling me to do things while using me for her own means.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm mixed about it. I'd love a sequel, but I think they'd botch it and make it into a poor sequel like MM and PH--don't get me wrong, I love both of those games and they were great on their own, but they were pretty pointless as sequels. They could have easily been individual Links and nothing of importance would have been lost. If TP has a sequel...I want it to be a REAL sequel. Continue off the original game and keep the story flowing. Amazingly, ST wasn't even a sequel and it did a better job of this than PH.

Mido

Version 1
I always thought that if TP's sequel was made, I would imagine it to be a return to Termina kind of thing: no strings attached. (No timer, etc.) I think there's a numerous amount of things that can be done with this game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
We kinda did. It was a game called Skyward Sword. It wasn't an actual sequel, but it was definitely a spiritual successor. I could type out all the reasons why, but why would I when we have this video explaining everything for me? =D

[video=youtube;YnYNkbaZens]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnYNkbaZens[/video]

Clank

Hmm
Graphically and game-play wise, Definitely Yes
Storywise, It could be done, but I think It might work better without a direct story sequel; though I would like to see more of the twilight realm.

Personally I loved TP. Seemed very much like OOT version 2.0. I'd love for Zelda U to have the same type of graphics... maybe a little brighter not as dark.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I love TP, it's my favourite Zelda game. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until it happens: I would love a Zelda game where Ganondorf manages to get hold of Majora's Mask so THAT could be TP2.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Possibly. I didn't really care for TP as a game, but as a story it was pretty good. I could see a sequel being good, if they vamped up the gameplay and controls and everything and made it harder, then it would be cool. It would defiantly make for an awesome story. Then again as a story its pretty good standalone.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
I would love to see a TP sequel. It's my favorite Zelda title and I wish to see what happens to that Link after the events of TP. It doesn't necessarily have to continue the whole Twili thing, just have the same Link as well as some of the same supporting characters.

On the flip side, it could have a totally different Link, but with aspects from TP, such as the Twili. The character I most want to see a comeback from is Midna, because she's awesome, and that can't happen unless the game is connected in some way to TP.

So, yeah, I'm all for it.

WarriorFromFire

Never an expert
i think it would be a good game, i dont see why TP gets so much hate, i enjoyed it. in TP2 (correct me if i'm wrong i havnt played TP in a few years.) but all mirrors have too sides. what if the mirror on the other side was reforged, and Ganondorf(pardon any spelling errors im sick and half out of my mind) reforges the mirror from the inside and connects all the diffrent worlds and times, you could be in skyloft and jump through a mirror into the shadow world place, or go be in clock town, and go to the places in Wind Waker/Phantom hour glass. it would make the world exploration much greater but if u tied all the games and enemies/bosses it would make a great game in my mind. you could face all the ganons from the past and collect all the items of the past or work with all the links of the past. it wouldnt be like in TP but if you added the darkness(not just color changes) of TP more like the erie "im gonna die" from MM. i think it would be good.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No that won't happen because Ganondorf would have to travel back in time back to the time when he got sealed away after the events of OoT. And then he would have to change his original plans with Zant etc and then a possible TP2 could happen. But if Ganondorf would be able to travel back in time and alter the events don't you think also be able to mess up the events happening before TP? That would make it more complicated so that definitely won't happen. And besides...Midna shattered the Mirror which caused all this to happen in the first place and only the true ruler of the Twili could shatter it. So Ganondorf wouldn't be able to fix that Mirror and get back inside.

Personally I don't think it's necessary to create another TP. The only thing what would make it interesting is how the Twili got banished and to add that tale somehow in the story. I don't think Midna should make a comeback. Her tale has been told. There is nothing more to add to her story in my opinion.

Yes I'd love to see a sequel to Twilight Princess. The backstory about the Twili is interesting enough for another game. Yes the mirror was destroyed but there are ways around that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom