• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See a Metroid HD Collection?

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Would you like to see an HD Metroid Collection game for the Wii U?
What do you think of the idea of a Metroid HD Collection?
Would you like to see the 2D games in the collection too?

I would love to see an HD collection of Metroid. Can you imagine playing any Metroid game in HD?
I think it would be interesting to see how they would do the controls for each game.

I would and i wouldnt, i HATE HD washes/collection, they annoy me and are cheap. But I'd like Metroid to get a little time in the sun since nothing at all was done for metroid's 25th anniversary whereas even Kirby got a 20th anniversary game release.

of all the re-releases hd collections and what have you i'd just like to see an updated OoT3D WWHD style take on Super Metroid. I'd be much happier with that than an hd collection, however a game disc with every 2d metroid game on it would be nifty. Which is what shuold have happened with the 25th anniversary

Would I want an HD collection for the 3D Metroid games? Not yet. The only 3D Metroids so far have been the Prime series and Other M. The Prime series had its own collection with Metroid Prime: Trilogy, so adding Other M to the mix and enhancing the graphics seems a little redundant right now. Maybe in time when we have a small army of 3D Metroids, I would be more open to the concept.

A collection of all the 2D Metroids, however, I would take. I still don't own Metroid II: Return of Samus or Super Metroid, and not all of these games have seen multiple re-releases except on the Virtual Console. Take all the Metroid games from the first one to Fusion, throw them all together in one mix, maybe enhance the graphics, provide additional content like hidden stages and concept art, and we have an awesome Metroid collection.

But an HD collection seems a little redundant at the moment. We'll have to give it time before I'm more open to it.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I would like to, don't get me wrong... but I really wouldn't in one sense because it would be the norm for Wii U to have old games HD'd. Like Sony...

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You don't need HD collection. They're a pointless money grab, making you pay for games you've already paid for. Unless the textures are significantly improved, I see not reason in purchasing HD collection.

All you need is Dolphin, a decent PC, and a USB gamepad. Instant Metroid Prime in HD, widescreen, 60 fps, AA enabled, and AF enabled. Better than HD collection.

Good for you, don't buy it. I honestly don't see why anyone should cry over HD re-releases. They're there for people who missed out on such games in the past, and are interested in playing them or for those who don't mind getting the games they enjoyed before, in HD. The HD is just an added bonus/excuse for re-releasing old or portable games onto consoles, which is not a bad thing at all. Saying "HD collection" is the same as saying "collection", it has just become standard to say "HD" because most ports are of games before the HD era of gaming. So emphasis is being placed on what's new with the game. Better that, than just a standard port.

I'm not a fan of HD collections but Metroid Prime Trilogy convinced me that Nintendo can create worhwhile compilations.

The three Prime titles alone are enough for an HD collection but because their value has slightly depreciated since 2009 when Metroid Prime Trilogy was released, tossing in Metroid Prime: Hunters justifies the $60 price tag.

I'm not averse to a 2D Metroid collection but I would rather download and relive them at a budget price on the Wii U Virtual Console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom