• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See a Game Devoted to Ganondorf?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
With the whole rehydrated Ganondorf craze, and theories that maybe Ganondorf was the hero from 10,000 years ago in the BotW mural, this got me thinking if there could be interest from fans for a game depicting Ganondorf's perspective of things?

It seems out of character for Nintendo to do, but recently evidence surfaced that the long rumored Shiek game that has been mentioned for over a decade was something Nintendo was actually considering.

I feel like it's out of character for Nintendo to make villains playable characters, but the tide has definitely been turning lately with the final Bowser capture sequence in Super Mario Odyssey as well as with Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors among others. Plus, there are some older examples like Super Paper Mario.

I'd love to see a game with Ganondorf as the main character, but I'd imagine it would play quite differently than a normal Zelda game, since the monsters are usually his minions. So that would mean no dungeons. I could see a hack and slash style game working for Ganondorf.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
With the whole rehydrated Ganondorf craze, and theories that maybe Ganondorf was the hero from 10,000 years ago in the BotW mural, this got me thinking if there could be interest from fans for a game depicting Ganondorf's perspective of things?

It seems out of character for Nintendo to do, but recently evidence surfaced that the long rumored Shiek game that has been mentioned for over a decade was something Nintendo was actually considering.

I'd be down for it. It'd be nice to see Ganon in the limelight and given some much needed development.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
It would be nice to see Ganondorf as the main hero-type character, but it wouldn't entirely make sense. By the time we get to BotW, his hatred is so intense it overflows into Hyrule in the form of Malice and the mindless rage monster that is Calamity Ganon. Unless of course him and his malice were broken into two separate entities, but then is it really the same Ganondorf we know and love? If anything this would be a story that has to be told in BotW2, because it would be essential in our understanding of that game and it's predecessor. But putting lore implications aside that sounds like fun.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I had a ganondorf game idea a while back where it'd just be playing as him during the imprisoning war

though now that I think about it, this was before nintendo made the 3rd timeline so I think that squanders any potential for that, so nevermind

There are ways it could work, but there are other characters I'd rather see in a spinoff. Instead of the BotW era, I would try his pre OoT childhood as it gives the most wiggle room to aim for the almighty T rating while still remaining true to Ganondorf's character.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ganondorf is a murderous lunatic so it would be hard to make a compelling storyline that people could relate to. When the main character desires conquest and bloodshed and many players can't relate to that aspect it might not be something that sells well.

He was born into power so it would be difficult to have a prequel where there is real progression for him pre OOT. He's already at the top.

He'd obviously be great in a player VS player type game where players control opposing forces and taking control of him in HW was great fun.

The only thing I can think of that would really be good with him as the main player character is a game where he is imprisoned in the sacred realm and the player takes control figuring out the puzzles and fighting the guardians within in order to escape this prison.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
If Nintendo's going to keep using Ganon in the games, then give us a game where we see things from his perspective, definitely. WW Ganon is a good example of the character given motives for his actions rather than just being evil for the sake of it. Make an incarnation that is an anti-hero of sorts. Make it a Warriors game like others have mentioned, but also make it canon. Don't hold back. Go all out with the narrative. I'd be down for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom