• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Would You Like More Romance in Future Titles of The Legend of Zelda?

Do you want more romance in the LoZ franchise between Link and Zelda?

• Yes, it's about time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, leave it undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Yes, I would like more romance in Zelda games, but only if it grows. I would give more to the story and I think it would be cool but if it's already there at the beginning of the game it would just seem normal.

Romance could be a very good thing to introduce to Zelda. I think to start off with it would be best to have very little influence from it though, letting it have more of an influence later on in the game. If they were to do it correctly, it would be nice to have multiple options allowing a more open story line.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I totally support the Zelink in SS, and wanted to see a kiss at the end. But it really depends on the game, and what role Zelda plays. If she's royalty and he's not, back in the day royalty wasn't really allowed to marry anyone who wasn't also royalty. An exception might be made since he saved the world from some unspeakable evil...but still. In SS they were equal rank from the beginning, knew each other since they were kids, etc. That makes more sense. If Zelda is a princess like she is in many of the games(and knows it, not like in WW), the whole thing is more likely to be an arranged marriage. Falling head over heels in love with the brave knight who saved the kingdom and you've only met him once? Not realistic enough. In that case, I'd rather see him with someone else.

Basically I support Zelink only in SS, maybe ST...but more SS. And WW is Telink, I support that. Tetra didn't even know she was royalty for a long time, she was closer to Link's level, and by the time she found out, they had known each other long enough. And they're adorable together and would have the cutest little pirate kids xD

So I voted for yes, but only if it's done right.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
And if there is to be more romance (or just as much as there is now), I'd like more explicit scenes, not just the usual meaningfully stares and shy silences which make me shout at the screen "Go on and kiss him, you fool!"

For some reason, when I here this, I imagine Link and some other character hiding, like behind a curtain or something (AOL), and then the other character becoming very large by the end of the game... haha

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
No!!!!!!!!!!!

No more romance, please.

It's supposed to be an adventure story, not a love story. Little hints are nice but I like being able to speculate without the game making things sooooo obvious, it was the one thing I didn't like in Skyward Sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They should at least kiss in a future title. I'm not saying their relationship should always be romance but at least one title there should be something that is clear.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I think they should at least just have a kiss scene, especially in games like SS where they seem to build up to it. Just show that Link and Zelda, or whoever, are more than just friends. But should it become the focus of the story? Definitely not.

Dragoncat

For some reason, when I here this, I imagine Link and some other character hiding, like behind a curtain or something (AOL), and then the other character becoming very large by the end of the game... haha
Didn't get what you're saying the first time I read it, but now I do. Lol. I think he would be too busy throughout the game's story for that. But afterward's a different story, so a fast forward cutscene showing his kids would be awesome.

I'm picturing his love interest going out to find him at the worst possible time, like when he's in one of the dungeons....and she tells him she's preggers and he nearly has a heart attack. Would be awesome if she traveled and kicked butt with him. Then they would have plenty of time... :lol:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I like the idea of some romance between Link and Zelda, ive kinda been waiting on it for 20 years, and SS gave us a cute version of Feelings growing between them, i liked how they were already really close friend, which was more of a drive for Link to save her. If they were to go as far as a kiss, then i would rather it be you general story book ending kiss type deal. in the end i guess i dont really care either way on this one!

Eh, I don't know how I feel about Link getting really tied up romantically. I prefer to think of him as the solitary hero who's equally compassionate towards everyone, not just his love interest. I'm not against other characters being more romantically involved as long as it's not too try-hard.

Dragoncat

Eh, I don't know how I feel about Link getting really tied up romantically. I prefer to think of him as the solitary hero who's equally compassionate towards everyone, not just his love interest. I'm not against other characters being more romantically involved as long as it's not too try-hard.
He can still have compassion for everyone else if we let him enjoy his love life.

Dan

Well Id actually like more romance in my SKYPE VOICE CHATS, OH **** this isn't a thread where I can inject my love of skype voice chats... Sorry, Erm I wouldn't mind actually seeing some more romance in Zelda, I actually love seeing romance because it reminds me of how it's meant to be.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I would like a little bit more romance, or maybe just like how they had it in SS. I know they can't put too much because they have to keep the balance on players likes, but a little more wouldn't hurt I don't think! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom