• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like In Game Help in Skyward Sword?

Would you like in game help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I do not really see myself looking up a Guide for playing Skyward Sword. I'm actually against looking them up, but the only time I use them is for important reason's.
Last time I used a guide for a Zelda game, Twilight Princess, I was very disappointed because when I used it, it made me think that the rest of the game was a bust, which it was.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
when it comes down to it, something like Navi or Tatl or even Midna would be useful. Y'know, someone that would just give you quick tips and/or info about enemies. so... yeah...

Musicfan

the shadow mage
They can't make it more challenging without providing help?

I would hate to see any kind of help feature whatsoever. Personally, I would also like a minimal HUD, with no hints/help tips at all, and no tutorials of any sort, that way you're immersed in the game and have to figure things out for yourself.
I disagree becouse you have to think about the people who this will be the frist zelda game i would want it becouse it would alliante any playeres if they make it harder with out a guide

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
In some games I've played (Sonic Colors I think?) there was an option to go through the game with or without the in-game help. I hope that there is one in SS.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
As someone who lacks natural talent for video games, I can say I have no problem with guides in Zelda for newer players. When I was still new to the series, and new to video games as a whole, I wouldn't have made it through my first few games without a guide book. In fact, I didn't make it through OoT when I first played it. The first Zelda I beat was WW and I had to use a guidebook. Now that I am used to the feel of the games, I don't need one anymore, but I understand the logic behind having one. There's a fine line between having difficulty figuring out a difficult puzzle and being clueless on what to do. Some players just need more help to get through the game and I don't see why an optional guide system would be a problem. It expands the game's audience.

However, I don't know how Super Guides would work in a Zelda game. I could see having an option where you choose just how many clues you want or possibly how cryptic you want the clues, but having the game play through a level? Then again, I don't know much about Super Guides, but from what I've heard about it, I don't think it's something that would be in a Zelda game.

(Just a note about the companions: Other than Navi, I don't feel like they're that helpful. Sure, they typically tell you where to go, some more than others, but when it comes to dungeons, they don't do much in the way of being a helpful guide.)

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
eww gross. There is also a HUGE difference between the mario series and the Zelda franchise. Mario has individual levels, and it comes based on collecting the same item at the end of each level. One level also has no effect on the other or the storyline of the game. However in Zelda, you are in a "real world" things you do in one area affects the other. To lose that experience and allow the computer to do it for you would be cheating you out of your experience.

Navi was ok, but even still, she sometimes held your hand to much, and there were times you could not bypass her help. The game should be challenging. If you get beyond stuck, you always have Zelda Dungeon to come to for help.

I couldn't have said it better myself honestly :P. This is exactly why i don't want a guide in Skyward Sword and why it wouldn't work or at least not in the same way it works for New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Donkey Kong Country Returns since those games are more platformers.

ALTTP

Vaati wants you
I think Zelda's easy enough as it is, the last 7 games:FS, WW, FSA, MC, TP, PH, ST have been WAY too easy, if you want help, well thats what Zelda dungeon for

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Hey i love the challenge but i want help sometimes. Sure the occansional watch out is annoying, but if your stuck in the middle a a dungeon, a little hint here and there would make the difference. it would be nice if u could choose when to ask instead of the helping character always giving u stupid hints, like look at that mysterious block why dont u push it! im torn

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Honestly no. I'd like to have SS not have anything like that in there cause if there was a chance that I'd get really stuck somewhere, I'd be tempted to use it. It would be easily accessible and like I said before extremely tempting to use it. I'd rather go online to sites like ZD and such to find my answers. That way I wouldn't be as tempted to get and use game help since it would take a bit more time to access it via the internet than it would be if it were included in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom