• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like In Game Help in Skyward Sword?

Would you like in game help?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A lot of Nintendo games have been adding in game helpers recently to help gamers that need an extra hand. This in game help was in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Rosalina) and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Luigi). The helpers would do the level for you while you watched. Would you like this kind of help in Skyword Sword?

Personally, I don't like this kind of help because it keeps a gamer from fully enjoying the game. Also, I think that if you can't beat a part of a game, the only way you will get better at it is if you work hard and learn from your failures.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm sorry but their called guidebooks but something like Navi(minus the annoying Hey,Listen,Watch out) that told about the enemies would be great.

I'm all for this kind of thing. It allows them to make the game more
challenging, and leave the help for people who're having trouble.

I'm sorry but their called guidebooks but something like Navi(minus the annoying Hey,Listen,Watch out) that told about the enemies would be great.

I'm sorry, but that was barely annoying. Unless you decided to listen out for that just so you could rant about it on the internet, it wasn't annoying at all. :P

Anyway, I do not wish to see any form of help appear in Skyward Sword, mainly because I don't want the game to let itself become an easy Zelda game, a problem that's been occuring a fair amount in the Legend of Zelda series recently. Navi wasn't that bad for helping, because you would only get the help if you asked for it, but I didn't like the fact that it still gave you the oppertunity to take the easy way out if you did get stuck.

A lot of Nintendo games have been adding in game helpers recently to help gamers that need an extra hand. This in game help was in Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Rosalina) and New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Luigi). The helpers would do the level for you while you watched. Would you like this kind of help in Skyword Sword?

eww gross. There is also a HUGE difference between the mario series and the Zelda franchise. Mario has individual levels, and it comes based on collecting the same item at the end of each level. One level also has no effect on the other or the storyline of the game. However in Zelda, you are in a "real world" things you do in one area affects the other. To lose that experience and allow the computer to do it for you would be cheating you out of your experience.

Navi was ok, but even still, she sometimes held your hand to much, and there were times you could not bypass her help. The game should be challenging. If you get beyond stuck, you always have Zelda Dungeon to come to for help.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Yes, it's sad that we live in an age were noobs have to be accepted, but Zordiana will be like Navi or Midna. Sure in TP they tried to hide that Midna was exactly like Navi by building the plot around her, and it sounds like they're doing the same thing with the spirit of the skyward sword (zordiana). Just as long as I can Ignore it's hints (because really, is it a man or a woman) and play the game by my self, but then again there is the fact that it's there, so it'll kinda' ruin the expeerience...

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. The can keep the in-game help to the secondary character (Navi, Midna, etc.), and let them help you after you have spent a certain amount of time stuck in a room. This way, Nintendo can design really challenging puzzles and dungeons, and the different type players (hardcore, casual gamers) can play without complaining.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Heck no. As much as I love Midna, she was an annoying helper in TP because she would randomly pop up and say, "Hey, do this!" That takes all the fun and the feeling of accomplishment out of the game. Sword-spirit girl needs to stay quiet. If I really needed any help, I'd look it up in a guide. But I don't do that either. I love figuring things out on my own, so I'd rather not have help from my sword.
However, as mentioned earlier, something like Navi's ability to give you information on enemies would be nice. It's good to know what I'm up against.

I'd like an OPTIONAL helper like luigi (NSBW) or super kong (DKCR) for two reasons:

1. That would allow nintendo to make the game harder without disreagarding their casual gamer fans

2. if I got stuck for a long time, I could get the needed help without having to look it up online

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Yes, I would like it, mainly because in game help has always been there in a Zelda game in some shape or form. So I don't see why they should remove it now, as it seems to be a staple.

They can't make it more challenging without providing help?

I would hate to see any kind of help feature whatsoever. Personally, I would also like a minimal HUD, with no hints/help tips at all, and no tutorials of any sort, that way you're immersed in the game and have to figure things out for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom