• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you like Gossip stones to play a more prominent role in the story

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
Ive always found the Gossip stones mysterious.They are kinda just there giving us minor info.Would you like them to get a better role in the story or at least be helpful or explained?Say yes or no and why you would/not.Also explain how they could be used,mabye not in just the way regular hit for info way but Mabye as items or a transformation!

Didn't we already have this? According to King Daphnes, Tetra's little charm thing was technically a modified version of a gossip stone. It didn't have, like, a super significant role but was definitely moreso than in, say, Ocarina of Time. But, it was an item in your inventory, at least. It was used fairly frequently during the first half of the game. Would I like to see something like that again? Doesn't matter.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ive always found the Gossip stones mysterious.They are kinda just there giving us minor info.Would you like them to get a better role in the story or at least be helpful or explained?Say yes or no and why you would/not.Also explain how they could be used,mabye not in just the way regular hit for info way but Mabye as items or a transformation!

I have said this idea in the past but I think Gossip stones should be similar to the terminals of Halo 4. Basically when you access them you can watch a cutscene which goes into an aspect of Hylian lore. Perhaps depicting a particular event that happened in the past.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
In TWW (and I think somewhere in OoT), it is said that the Gossip Stones (which are also referred to as Sheikah Stones) were used by the Royal family to communicate with each other from a long distance. But because of their second name and relation to the mask of truth it is obvious that they were also used by the Sheikah alongside the Royal Family.

In a future game that has a greater focus on Hyrule's culture, The Royal Family and The Sheikah the Gossip Stones should have a much more important roll in the gameplay, world building and possibly as a plot device.

Matthew Srolis

Just a Deku Scrub
I have said this idea in the past but I think Gossip stones should be similar to the terminals of Halo 4. Basically when you access them you can watch a cutscene which goes into an aspect of Hylian lore. Perhaps depicting a particular event that happened in the past.
Excellent idea.it would be cool if you could rewatch them too

Maniacal Ezlo

Bumpkin
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer

That'd be neat. Give us a little backstory. Perhaps there could be one in every main area of the game, and the scene that it plays shows a significant event that occurred there in the past (the building of a town, the settling of a race, the constructing and eventual enemy habitation of a dungeon, etc.).

You've actually gotten me interested now. This is something I wouldn't mind seeing in a game at some point. Doesn't have to be immediately, like Zelda U, but eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom