• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you like BotW's Guardians to come back for Zelda Switch?

With the established timeline now being canonically referred to as the 'era of myth' and the BotW contonuity perhaps being something Aonuma will flesh out in the coming titles, would you like the Guardians from BotW to return?

In BotW the Guardians were around 10,000 years ago when Hyrule was a very advanced place. This means we couls very possibly see the Guardians again in games that predate BotW's backstory.

But would you like them to come back?

We usually get repeating enemies in Zelda, so should the Guardians become something of a mainstay?

But would you like them to come back?
I would like them to come back. But only if they are much more powerful and beastly than the piss weak ones in BotW. Guardians should really go out of their way to follow you across the whole map until you are dead or you kill them.

Yes I’d definitely like to see them again. They were a great push toward different direction from what the series has been in the past (pssst sci-fi, nintendo)
In BotW they were challenging enough in the beginning of the game. Once you learnt how to fight against them, they were easy to kill. But that was okay coz that was their first appearance. If they are in next zelda, then they need to be more challening or altered some way.
I really can’t think anything negative to say about guardians. First encounter with them was hilarious coz I didn’t know they were hostile.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
But only if they are much more powerful and beastly than the piss weak ones in BotW. Guardians should really go out of their way to follow you across the whole map until you are dead or you kill them.

are you also feeling that the shield parry was way too OP against them? :D (or the ancient arrows ) .. until I found out about either of those things, I thought it was super exhausting to drain my entire weapon supply on them

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No, but mainly because I want the sci-fi stuff to die and I want all forms of parrying removed. It kills just about any combat system.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I absolutely do. I loved them. Even though they could get annoying I still love them. But I also hope they're going to do something different to them and not make them a regular enemy returning like the good ol' moblins/lizalfos/bokoblins etc

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I loved them and they really added to the atmosphere of the game well, but I don't know if there's a place for them as they appear in BotW in other games. SS had a type of guardian in the Silent Realms but we could only run from those. The ones in BotW kind of give off that same feeling when you first meet one fresh off the plateau but you're able to beef up and take them on later (or use a pot lid if you're feeling really confident in your parrying skills). Having an enemy that's intimidating right off the bat and that you feel like you can overcome later; that's what the Guardians are in essence. Having something else like that would be really cool, but the Guardians as they are in BotW are very dependent on BotW's context. I feel the same way about the shrines. They wouldn't really work outside of the context BotW provides for them. They'd need a new form to appear in, which I would welcome very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom