• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like Another Double Regioned Pokemon Game?

Which region would be best for this?

• Hoenn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sinnoh

• Unova

• Kalos

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Gold/Silver/Crystal and their remakes allowed you to go to the neighboring Kanto region after you completed the main story in Johto. There you could challenge the gyms in Kanto as well, bringing the badge total up to 16 and doubling the length of the game.

Would you like this to be done again? And if so, which region would you want to explore after the Pokemon League? Johto and Kanto aren't included, they're already in a double regioned game.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

TND7UGU.gif

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, Kanto and Johto were initially the only two regions planned, so it makes sense for the Gen II games to have done this. For every generation since... yeah, not so much.

However, with DLC being pretty much a standard in gaming at this point (and with Nintendo starting to utilize it somewhat frequently), I think it would be asinine to not have every previous region remade with X/Y's engine and made obtainable via download. We could get them all in order and have a grand ol' time revisiting classic locations in 3D, and, of course, tackling each region's Gym Leaders and Pokemon Leagues all over again.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I would love it, to be honest. It adds so much more post game content, so much more to explore, and I love the idea. And I said Hoenn because it's been too long since Gem III, and I'd love to see all that landscape up to date and with redone music.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
However, with DLC being pretty much a standard in gaming at this point (and with Nintendo starting to utilize it somewhat frequently), I think it would be asinine to not have every previous region remade with X/Y's engine and made obtainable via download. We could get them all in order and have a grand ol' time revisiting classic locations in 3D, and, of course, tackling each region's Gym Leaders and Pokemon Leagues all over again.
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! I would love that!

Skunk

Floof
Please remake Hoenn. If you're reading this, Nintendo/Game Freak peoples, do Hoenn and another region. Please. But with less surfing. kthnxbai

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
No. But they make a new game with new region as large as two other regions, I would play that.

I think this should happen, but all with time. This can be used again not only because of the addition of gameplay, but because of nostalgia. There should be a longer wait because the second factor should not be wasted with a quick release. Maybe a release with sinnoh, but even that is cutting it.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Maybe not a double regioned game, but a game with a larger region in general. Gen V and VI had fairly small and dissapointing regions masked by all sorts of urban features. Instead of a dual-regioned game, a larger region with more to explore seems a better solution.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yeah, certainly. Would be cool. I like JuicieJ's idea of all regions being available. I mean, why not? Sell it for $20.00 or something (I mean it is a LOT of stuff, essentially a brand new game). They'd make like $150.00 off a Pokemon game and I can guarantee myself and many others would buy extra regions.

Pokemon sells amazingly.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Oh I would love that.
Specially because I never fully enjoyed that experience back when I Played Crystal.
-hangs head in shame- I actually was too stupid back then to realize that there was more to the game.
I beat the 8 gyms and stuff and thought that was the end of the game.... xD

Though, If I remember correctly, I think I actually was stuck, because I remember knowing about the other region (from NPCs in game), but I think I tried to get over, but couldn't figure it out, so I just wrapped it up in my youngster mind that it wasn't accessible and I had actually beaten the game. xD

(and just to clarify, Crystal was my first game. It actually got me into the series.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom