• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Let Nintendo Put Zelda on the Back-burner for 10 Years?

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
Well look at Pikmin...That was a recently new charecter and that isn't really popular...And yes Zelda and Mario came out at the perfect time because thats when we got familier with video games so we got familier with the only charecters! I could wait 10 for a REALLY GOOD REALLY LONG CONSOLE GAME WITH A MASTER QUEST! but if it was 10 years and they came out with a game like ST (which I love!) I would be mad.

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I find it amusing that most people say no to it, while major motion pictures sometimes take 10 years to make the next movie.

Look at Lord of the Rings Trilogy, they're doing the hobbit now, but that's quite a bit later. I donno, just think that if the product is worth the time and effort to wait, I could wait, as long as I was satisfied with something else from the Big "N"

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
This is one of those times when what I want conflicts with what I need (seriously, if I don't play Zelda for a while, I talk about it a lot. The longer the wait for more Zelda, the worse it gets. Within 8 years I would be talking in my sleep.)

I would be willing to wait, but I don't think it will ever happen. If it wasn't for Nintendo's big franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc., the company would be dead already. Each time a new Zelda or Mario games gets released it is big news and it pretty much guarantees sales for their system, from both casual and hardcore fans.

With that said, I would actually welcome a long break in between Zelda games. I personally haven't liked the direction the series has gone since Twilight Princess and think the series needs a big change. Skyward Sword was a big step forward, but it didn't do enough imo. So with the series being on hold for a certain number of years, the new game would hopefully make a big impact, similar to the 7 year gap in between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. 10 years might be a bit much though.

Plus Zelda games are always fun to go back to and replay. With 16 games in the series and counting, there is a lot to enjoy while we wait for the new game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. Not with the Wii U looking as good as it is. I wouldn't be able to stand it without this new system in the wings, anyway, but having it around would make it that much more difficult. Zelda is my favorite series. I can't go one day without thinking about at least 20 times. And the tradeoff might not be worth it in the end. What if the new character wound up not being good? I know 10 years is more than enough time to develop one properly, but...just look at what happened with Duke Nukem. 12 years, and it sucked. And that was with an already successful game franchise. That's not what matters the most to me, of course, it's missing Zelda that does. But I think that's a valid point to bring up, nonetheless.

Anyway, bottom line, no. I couldn't go 10 years without Zelda intentionally.

I think a lot of people would move on past zelda in 10 years. A lot of people on these forums are like 15-20, and after 10 years not everyone will have time to play zelda, nor will everyone still enjoy the series. Nintendo needs to keep releasing zeldas and not put it on the back burner.

Theunholyganon

Embrace the fear inside.
I would be willing to wait only if the game is AMAZING but if not I think Nintendo should keep the series active because in 10 years some of us won't even like Zelda anymore.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
That would never happen, nintendo knows how much money it brings in for one. Also Link is just way too iconic.

Yes I could wait, but I dont need another super-franchise. So I would choose "no" even though I would have nothing against it.

I live and breath Zelda. With that being said, I think it would be difficult to wait, but I could wait since I have a lot to do with all of the Zelda games. I would like to map out all of the Zelda games with their main quests and sidequests. I want to be able to know all of the tiny little details about Zelda and 10 years would give me a great start into catching up. In 10 years I don't think I would be done with knowing everything, but I would have a lot done and would be closer to being a Zelda expert.

So I would wait if I had to, but at the same time I wouldn't necessarily like it.

10 years... No... I couldn't wait that long for a new Zelda game... 3 or 4 years, maybe... But 10, no... I'd never buy another Nintendo console again if they did that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom