• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Let Nintendo Put Zelda on the Back-burner for 10 Years?

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
Ok, Let me ask you something folks, With Legend of Zelda hitting it's 25th anniversary and the possibly of Miyamoto stepping down scared the crap out of us. But thinking about that I thought of a business plan for Nintendo. For them to invest the next 10 years creating a New Mainstream title character like Mario, Metroid and Zelda. For the new masses. But in order to have a good creative team they would put LEGEND OF ZELDA ON THE BACK BURNER FOR 10 YEARS.

Now, My question is, if the New Creation was JUST as good as Nintendo's Top 3 Franchises and became just as Iconic as the 3, would you be willing to sacrifice Legend of Zelda for that long. And In return if you DID wait that long, you would get the most in depth and well created Zelda Game.

Could you wait?

S

skullkid875

I couldn't wait that long. Zelda is the best video game series EVER!!!

I couldn't. It is much too late for Nintendo to create another iconic character, if they try to make another Mario, Zelda, metro is, etc. it would probably end in failure because those series started in the times when they needed too, it's simply impossible to add I their likings!

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
I couldn't. It is much too late for Nintendo to create another iconic character, if they try to make another Mario, Zelda, metro is, etc. it would probably end in failure because those series started in the times when they needed too, it's simply impossible to add I their likings!

I would be willing to wait, IF they could make something to take the place that was REALLY that good for the time being until the Legend of Zelda Franchise comes back.

I don't think they would do that, put Aonuma and Myamoto in the same "new game" and forget completly about Zelda, but if they did, I wouldn't be able to wait, I can't wait forever, and 10 years developing one game?It better be good.

No. I am all for quality over quantity but not in this instance. Their 'new' franchise would probably fail anyway.

H

HarvestMoonGod

Heck no Nintendo would be better if they sold Zelda to another company then to put zelda on the back burner

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I wouldn't like it, but if they promised a really good game at the end, I might tolerate a few releases over the years that aren't 10/10 quality.

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
I would be willing to wait. Zelda isnt the only game franchise ever and i would love to start catching up on other games and time to play other series. But 10 years! 10 years!!! I will be able to drink alcohol by then! will i still love zelda????!?!?!?!??! The wait between ZTP and SS was not long to me because i had a chance to play other zelda games. But in 10 years!!!!! If zelda had to wait 10 years i would do the following
1.Play all other zelda games
2. Play other franchises i have not before and become familiar with them.
3.Play just different games and to their maximum power.
4.Forget about Zelda!
10 years is too much!!!I dont care if the zelda will be in depth and whatever. It dosent have to be! Just because it will be in depth doesnt mean it will be good. Zelda doesnt have to be in depth and definied. Most games are the same and that is good! I would not want to wait 10 years. By then i will be in college and doing other stuff. Maybe 5or6 but 10 years is a no. I would appreciate a long time in order to enjoy other games to the full extent. Skyward Sword wasnt all in depth and was great! This is the worst idea ever. Nintendo will just crank more and more out of existing characters.

For the argument that Nintendo can't add a new iconic franchise, what about Pikmin? Pikmin is a rather recent series that has started to become an icon for Nintendo. So while it would be hard for them, it's not impossible for a new flagship franchise to be created.

And for 10 years with no Zelda? I don't know if I could manage, maybe a shorter period like 5 years, sure. But 10 years? i don't think I could make it.

Can't say... But, I think it is way too much time. I would get really depressed if something like that happened :P
As for a new series... Who knows?

MW7

I'd say it's worth the wait if Nintendo could deliver something like OOT along with a second quest (not a hero mode, not a master quest, a second quest like the first game), and it would also come with a direct sequel like Majora's Mask. I'd be cool with that, but considering that living up to those expectations is practically impossible I'd say Nintendo should stick to their current development cycle for Zelda.

Your question guarantees to meet my expectations and so I'd be willing to wait. I just think that it would literally be impossible to pull off but in your hypothetical situation I'd say wait for it. Maybe if they set aside a really small team to work out the big picture of the game over the course of 10 years while the majority of resources focused on the new thing thing. Also after completing the new thing then maybe the team that worked on it could join up with the small team working on Zelda after say 6 years had passed to help put everything together in time for the release after 10 years.

10 years is dramatically too long to wait for a new Zelda game. I could barely wait the two years it took to get from Spirit Tracks to Skyward Sword, so i don't think I would make it through 10 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom