• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you have preferred a different 2D Zelda remake instead of Link's Awakening?

I love Link's Awakening and even though I'm not sold on the artstyle I'm very excited to play an modern version of it.

However, LA isn't for everyone and many other Zelda fans would have preferred The Minish Cap.

Would you have preferred a different 2D remake instead of Link's Awakening?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Minish cap is likely the next one on the list.

Adventure of Link isn't well liked, and you could honestly argue LoZ has already been remade into BOTW........

Honestly with the kick nintendo's on about upgrades (looking at korok turds) i'm kinda surprised they didn't go for the ultra grindy kinstone sim

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The dream would be a remastered Spirit Tracks on the Switch, but I know how unlikely and difficult that is. As far as 2D remakes go, I can’t really think of any others I’m dying for. I’m happy with Link’s Awakening. Though, Minish Cap would have been cool.

I would have preferred to have seen the original title remade in this manner. As silly as it sounds, I feel it'd be a solid introduction to a new generation of gamers to get their feet wet in a revamped version of where it all began.

I would have honestly liked Minish Cap better. I don’t think that will happen because CapCom made it. Out of all of them though, I would prefer Skyward Sword.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Links Awakening is a fine enough game, it does have solid dungeons. I’m not entirely wowed by its overworld, but I can still get behind it’s remake.

I think I would have preferred the Oracle games, because I really enjoy that pair. Especially Ages, I can replay that game anytime.

Minish Cap is still a visually good game, it doesn’t even really need a remaster. I’d be happy if they were to just port Minish Cap, it’s my favorite 2D Zelda.

Links Awakening is a fine enough game, it does have solid dungeons. I’m not entirely wowed by its overworld, but I can still get behind it’s remake.

I think I would have preferred the Oracle games, because I really enjoy that pair. Especially Ages, I can replay that game anytime.

Minish Cap is still a visually good game, it doesn’t even really need a remaster. I’d be happy if they were to just port Minish Cap, it’s my favorite 2D Zelda.

MC is a great game and its as pretty as can be too.

I think the Oracle games are the most overlooked 2D Zelda games because of how late they released for the GBC and the dual game release. I would have loved to see them remade. But I have hope they'll be getting remade in this new art style in the next few years.

I cannot wait to see Wart for the first time since SMB2... Or See the Angry ShopKeeper's Beam of Death after Link gets the balls to return to the Shop after stealing an item from him. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom