• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Ever Accept Payment to Say Good Things of a Game/company

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Thanks to surferguy7, I caught onto this video below. Now, the idea is that Michael Pachter - your resident Nintendo hater - is paid to say generally dumb **** about Nintendo. But, would you accept payment to say good things of a game or a company and bad things about another?

[video=youtube;f1wyPDCGgJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1wyPDCGgJk[/video]

If so, what games?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I wouldn't even dream about it. I don't accept money for things like advertising. If I like a product, or dislike a product, I will be honest about it. I will not accept money to lie about a company, since that is false advertising, and I don't do that. That's why I could never be in a commercial, because no matter how much you hate the product, you need to say good things about it.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, it depends.

I mean, if I'm saying good things about a product that I ACTUALLY like, I'd totally take the money. Why not? It gets a bit harder when it's saying bad things about a product/company, but I still probably would if it coincided with my own interests and was a decent amount of money. I can't really say off the top of my head which companies or games, but I'm sure there are some.

However, I'd like to think that, unless I'm absolutely desperate for money, I wouldn't accept payment to say the exact opposite of whatever I think about something. I don't think I could ever write an article completely bashing Nintendo.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm a college student living off ramen noodles...how much money are we talking about here?

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Absolutely. I don't care enough about games or gaming companies to turn down a fat check. Having just graduated I got loads of debt (thanks Obama!), so **** it I'll say whatever they want me to say.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I would accept payment only if I genuinely liked the company/game and hated the other company/game. Otherwise it'd feel like cheating myself. :I
#morality

I could NEVER say good things about a company/game if I actually hated them. I've done it with a few Zelda games here and there, but even that hurts.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Even for a million dollars?

If I truly hated something and they're trying to get me to say good about it, even $1 million would be hard to convince me. Because $1 million is probably some contractual bull**** that, when you're done with the contract, you don't actually GET $1 million. D:

loljk. If I'm actually getting $1 million green stuffs, I'm promoting what I hate and denouncing what I love.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
Depends if it was: say good things about Activision,tryarch or EA not for 500 million or say something bad about Nintendo not for 900 million. Even then I probably still would say my actual opinion.

Sure, I'd write an article praising or bashing a game or company even if it's against my beliefs, but only as a one time odd job.

While I am very opinionated, writing editorials isn't a profession I'd desire. There's greater fulfillment to be found in areas like medicine, finance, and commerce.

I dunno. Realistically speaking, it sounds like pretty easy money. Call of Duty Modern Black Ops 7 can be the best game of all time for all I care.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes money is easily made but people forget you will always be associated with that company. Especially if you get like 500 Mil for it. You will always be associated and if a product doesn't work out you will be seen as the loser who advertized for that :P People are weird these days and can take things to the extreme

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
[video=youtube;sh7frVTckKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7frVTckKM[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom