• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you consider yourself a collector?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
People collect games to varying degrees, but would you go to a point to say that you're a game collector?

If yes, please turn in a photo of your shelf of NES games before you leave the classroom today, thanks.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I wouldn't call myself a game collector. In retrospect, I own very few games, and most of them are for a small number of franchises. I suppose I'm the type of person to prefer spending over 100 hours on one game rather than 5 hours each on 20 games. It benefits my wallet as well.

Quin

Disaster Master
overall, no, but I collect games I like. I like the zelda and monster hunter series so much, that I own all of them physical

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Not really. I try to be thoughtful with my purchases as much as possible and buy games I know I'll enjoy.

With that said, I'm not at all opposed to making more extravagant purchases for series I love, like the FE1 Anniversary Edition for example.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I feel if I was, I'd own Super Mario 3d All Stars, Torna The Golden Country, and Fire Emblem Fates Conquest

overall, I care more about playing a game in whatever decent price I can get than wanting stuff to put on a shelf, in the case of these examples, I already own the Mario games in that compilation and was just fine having the latter 2 as DLC instead of seeking them out physically

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No, but kind of? I buy games I want to play and I'll rebuy them for convenience when they're rereleased or remastered. But then there's certain games that I already own in one form or another that I'd go out of my way to purchase again just because it's the original copy, like The Legend of Zelda on NES for example. At that point, it's more of a collector's item but it's never been a goal of mine to collect a whole set of anything. I just get what I like.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not really but if I really like a franchise I want to get all games available for that franchise. But when it comes to special editions or limited editions I don't necessarily collect them

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Not really a collector of video games but I do prefer physical since they take up less room on the system. I do however collect Pokemon cards, Animal Crossing Amiibo cards and Amiibo figurines. :sweat:

I'd say I am. I like owning physical copies of games. So I've bought quite a few rare physical copies this generation from Limited Run Games. As for specific systems, my Xbox 360, 3DS, and Switch libraries are especially big. Around 75 games for the first two and 50 for Switch. But I can't call myself a true collector until I own Devil's Third for Wii U.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
In a way... I would call all the things I have a collection, but I don't go out of my way to own every single thing of a certain franchise or anything like that. What I have is just my personal collection of things I enjoy

Dark Boo

The Darkest of Boos
I am.
Here's a rough list of all the games I own (physical copies):
RPGs:
Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
Final Fantasy IV (DS)
Final Fantasy Anthology (Final Fantasy V and VI) (PS1 played via PS2 backwards compatibility)
Final Fantasy IX (PS2 backwards compatibility)
Paper Mario (N64)
Paper Mario: TTYD (Gamecube played via Wii)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Sticker Star (3ds)
Platformers:
Super Mario Land 2 (Game Boy - Played via Game Boy Advance)
Wario Land (Game Boy - Played via Game Boy Advance)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Kirby 64 (N64)
Banjo-Tooie (N64)
Tomb Raider (PS1 - Played via PS2)
Tomb Raider II (PS1 - Played via PS2)
Donkey Kong (Game Boy - Played via Game Boy Advance)
Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)
New Super Mario Bros
Many more...
Sports Games:
Super Mario Sluggers (Wii)
New Play Control Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Mario Golf (N64)
Mario Tennis (N64)
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Gamecube - Played via Wii)
Party Games:
Mario Party 2 (N64)
Mario Party 3 (N64)
Mario Party 6 (Gamecube -Played via Wii)
Mario Party 7 (Gamecube - Played via Wii)
Star Rush (3ds)
The Top 100 (3ds)
Super Mario Party (Switch)
Racing Games:
Gran Turismo 2 (PS1 - Played via PS2)
Mario Kart Double Dash (Gamecube -Played via Wii)
Mario Kart DS (DS)
Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
Many more..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom