• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Change Anything in the Zelda Series or Its Games?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Zelda definitely one of the greatest and most consistent franchises of all time but if there is anything you could change what would it be? Would it be the Hero, the story, villain, dungeons, layout Ect.

Personally for me I would change the difficulty.....The first time I ever played a Zelda game it was great, like a new type of challenge that didn't frustrate you like other hard games instead it made you think with clever puzzles but as I played Zelda more it became very easy for me. Abt 4 months ago I played through Majoras Mask blind and thought it was going to be very challenging but instead I found it rather easy the dungeons were quite easy except for the last 2 but still they were average. This left me to think does Zelda need to be more challenging?

Please tell me what you would like to change in the Zelda series:)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd definitely change modern Zelda's trend of linearity. Skyward Sword was a slight step in the right direction in terms of breaking away from that, so that gives me hope for the future, but it really needs to happen within the next two releases.

Mainly linearity and the overworld. Zelda games never really had that great of an overworld, well the 3D games at least.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
In the Zelda series, I'd kill off the linearity and the terribly segmented overworld. Linearity really hasn't been a problem TWW and back; MM handled it right and I daresay TWW did the same. However, in modern days, it just doesn't work well with the series as I'm constantly and consistently left with "wanting more to do" in the world. The segmented overworld has reared its head in Skyward Sword, but let's end the problem before it spreads across the world eh?

Oh, I'd also definitely change the difficulty of the combat within the series. I much prefer the classic Zelda difficulty, where enemies rush you constantly and they deal tremendous amounts of damage. It makes it so you can't let up in your offense, let alone your defense, and it also makes doing challenge runs (minimalist, 3HC etc) even harder than before. In modern Zelda, I feel that the minimalist run is the difficulty the 100% file should have...which doesn't quite make much sense to me or others. So yeah, revert to ALttP-ish difficulty in the combat! And puzzles? I have no idea about the puzzles; I'm something of a veteran so I'd say introduce new puzzles as well, but I've no idea what kind! :P

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Tbh I do agree with what a couple of you are saying the linear style of the overworld needs to be changed....

Personally I think Zelda needs to take a hint out of the amazing game that was Shadow of the Collesus, this game was all about simplicity and exploration. Maybe if between each province there should be a large area to explore mostly empty but it should be a challenge plus it add a sense of adventure which Zelda has been lacking since Wind Waker.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'd definitely change modern Zelda's trend of linearity. Skyward Sword was a slight step in the right direction in terms of breaking away from that, so that gives me hope for the future, but it really needs to happen within the next two releases.

Where was SS non-linear with the exception of the dragons?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I'd like a difficulty slider. The current length of the games don't really bother me, but I'd like to see them be a little less linear.

I get that I'm no longer the targeted demographic, but just a few times in a game, I'd like to see some brutal, mind-melting, giant, game-spanning puzzles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom