• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you be interested in seeing a real Paper Zelda title?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Given how popular the Paper Mario series has been, the idea of a Paper Zelda title has been tossed around in years past by some who think that the idea would suit the Zelda series very well. What do you think about this? Would you like to see Zelda get the paper treatment as a more RPG-like game? We've already seen Link's Awakening be remade with a toy-like art style, so maybe a paper art style wouldn't be too different and could actually make for an interesting game. Below is a concept image (not my work) of what the art could look like. I think it looks pretty great, although I'm not sure if the Zelda games would translate to a true RPG experience very well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

MW7

Adventure of Link has the RPG elements and A Link Between Worlds has the flattening of the playable character (almost literally Paper Zelda) so I think it would work pretty well. The individual elements have worked in Zelda games in the past. I'd definitely play a game like that.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don’t really know. The paper theme just doesn’t suit Zelda’s style; we’ve already had a cutesy Zelda recently (LA). A spin-off Zelda RPG would be awesome, but honestly I feel a new IP would be better. I also feel like it would be tough to differentiate it from Paper Mario. Overall, it would just feel out of place and redundant in the face of Paper Mario. Cool artwork/speculation, but it’s probably not going to happen.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Think of this:

Zelda II remastered as Paper Zelda II RPG, with cleaned-up charming visuals, modern RPG mechanics, and broadened mechanics!

It could actually be a solid way to bring some glory to an underrated and janky older title that doesn't really fit into the series otherwise.

I don't know, maybe.

I haven't been impressed with the Paper Mario games in the past. They look good but I've never been particularly compelled by them.

I enjoyed the first game but it didn't exactly stick with me as an enriching experience.

Modern Paper Mario games are very lacklustre and I wouldn't like to see another lacklustre Zelda game, we've got plenty of those.

If they kept the Zelda gameplay and not turn it into a resources based turn based RPG then maybe.

Based on the party system of TTYD gameplay wise could probably work.

Whether to make it turn based battle or real time battle (Super Paper Mario) could be a deciding factor as Zelda doesn't really do turn based battle.

Definitely would have to be a lighter adventure, nothing dark like MM.

If they made it I'd play it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom