• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you be interested in a Zelda Ocarina of Time remake again?

Would you be interested in a Zelda Ocarina of Time remake for the Switch?

Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyTzpBlCa-4

With ultra high models and textures bringing out the beauty of Hyrule?

I think it would be cool to see new models of lake hylia or even if they were to make some zones in VR that would be amazing...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I'd want them to do more than just make it all pretty again if it would still play/feel like a n64 game, otherwise they may as well just port the 3ds version on the switch [which would be neat in its own right]

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While definitely a landmark for the time, Ocarina of Time has aged poorly. It features an empty overworld, cardboard characters, and was the beginning of Railroad Zelda. Remaking it to fit in with the precedent set by Breath of the Wild would require it to be changed so much that it would barely resemble the original game.

I'm not against such a game (since Resident Evil 2's remake was my game of the year), but I'd rather see resources dedicated to producing new games along the lines of Breath of the Wild. The last thing I want is a fallback to linear Zelda.

I'd be interested because it's OoT. It's one of the best games ever made.

But I don't think Nintendo will remake it any time soon, and if they do, it definitely won't look like the Unreal videos.

That one Unreal Engine fan project is like making me fantasize about an official OoT HD but I feel like the physics and animations would have to be completely overhauled for it to really feel good with more fleshed out graphics, which might make it feel less like OoT in the gameplay department. Would be really cool to see, though. The fan models in that project aren't consistent in style across the board because there are multiple people working on it. But at the same time I feel an official OoT HD would be unlikely to be to the scale of detail that the fans are putting into their remake. But I would probably buy an OoT HD if they did do one.

Nah, not for me. While OoT is indisputably the crown jewel of Zelda, it should remain as it is for that reason. Also I don't trust Nintendo to do a true remake properly, given their recent track record.

Like I've been saying about other Zelda games, just port it.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Eh, not especially. It's kind of an overrated game. And even though OoT3D makes it more fun to play, even that still feels like playing an N64 game in a fresh skin. So, if they were gonna remake it again, it would need a full, from-the-ground-up overhaul kind of like what LA got but more extensive. Also bundle it with a MM remake of the same kind because MM is a much better game and I would much rather see that brought to HD than OoT.

But, as things stand, the 3D version is the go-to version for now and I don't really think it needs a remake again this soon. It's already had one.

Yes, definitely !
why not.
A good game never dies & specially old wine in New bottle...I am game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom