• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would you be excited for a Zelda (insert genre)?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Imagine if, after the release of BotW2, Nintendo went haywire with the franchise and starts to come up with all kinds of genre mixes and spinoffs that tackles existing genres, (especially popular ones), with Nintendo's design philosophies and the Zelda brand.

Zelda: Battle Royale
Zelda: Looter Shooter
Zelda: VR Rhythm Game
Zelda: Narrative Adventure
Zelda: MMORPG

For example.

What kind of genre with a Zelda version would you be into? And what screams 'no, no, please, NO' for you?

No MMO, no Battle Royale, no First Person Shooter, no looter shooter!!

I'm fine with a narrative experience, a 2D/3D fighter, really want that fighter, we're overdue.
I wouldn't mind a turn based RPG either.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Pretty much all of those scream NO to me, lol. I suppose I could jive with an MMO. I'm not sure what you mean by narrative adventure, though. When I read that, the first thing that comes to mind is those point-and-click games that only advance the story through dialogue boxes and no substantial gameplay, like visual novels. If that's what they are, then I'll have to say NO to that, as well.

I wouldn't do for a turn-based RPG, either. Although there are exceptions... MonHun made Stories work really well, so I dunno. I would prefer not to have it, though. As far as a genre-change in a spin-off goes, I think maybe an action game like Astral Chain would be what I'd like to see the most..

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
@Azure Sage I was referring to dialogue-choice based games like the Telltale games, the Life is strange series and games like Detroit: Become human. :) didn't know what to call them. Was envisioning some sort of story-heavy spinoff where you decide Zelda's fate or something.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
@Azure Sage I was referring to dialogue-choice based games like the Telltale games, the Life is strange series and games like Detroit: Become human. :) didn't know what to call them. Was envisioning some sort of story-heavy spinoff where you decide Zelda's fate or something.
Ah. Based on what I know about those, I wouldn't like to play games like that. I like gameplay too much to play them, lol.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
you know I'd actually quite like a zelda turn-based RPG, it'd be cool to see what sort of party link would have and what commands they'd come up w/
same for a zelda strategy game, though that'd depend on what form that would take

a zelda fighting game would also be intriguing, we got a real small taste of it w/ link in soul calibur 2, so imagine if they went all the way w/ that

A new Zelda sidescroller? Absofrickinlutely!

Though if I must vouch for something really new, I'd love to see them do a 3D platformer.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I may not exactly be excited, per se, but for sure I'd be willing to give them a shot depending on the genre. For example, a Zelda MMORPG I'd pass on since those aren't my type of games, but a Zelda RPG would be intriguing and I'd end up playing it.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
A Zelda dating sim where the only person you can date is beedle. Specifically PH beedle in all his low quality polygonal glory.

No but seriously I could see a Zelda RPG working. I’ve always envisioned a Zelda MMO being fun, even though I don’t even like MMOs. And a fighting game could work, but also would have a high chance of being terrible.

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
I was intrigued when I heard BOTW was almost an alien invasion game, actually got me thinking that a Link v. Samus game with a real story where you can choose your side would be an awesome game (maybe Samus and some backup get sent to conquer the Zelda Earth.)

I'd play an MMO so long as it wasn't click to move and kept the action adventure style and left out those annoying filler missions all MMOs suffer from.

A game set in a futuristic Hyrule would be cool too. Cyberpunk Zelda ftw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom