• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Smash Bros Would Smash 5 Destroy the Joy-Cons?

Threads relating to the Super Smash Bros series.

Would the Joy Cons survive competitive players?

• Total voters

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I’ve used my GC controller to the point that the left joystick is a little off. May be time to get a new one. That was 10 years in the making though. Nintendo controllers are very sturdy. I’ve seen pro player controllers and one of them had literally worn grooves into the controller from gripping it so frequently. Even so I rarely see pro players that wear out the controllers so quickly. The joycons feel quite sturdy and won’t wear out easily, however, I would never use them for smash. I would either use my pro controller or hook up the GameCube adapter.

I don't think anyone really interested in the new Smash for Switch port of the WiiU game will use the joycons on their own. At the very least they will use the grip. I think most will use the pro controller or the GC controller with the adapter.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Good grief, I cannot imagine playing Smash with a Joy Con. The Pro controller is fantastic, but I honestly have no idea how it will be for Smash until I get to experience it. It would be nice to retire the Gamecube controller after all this time, all it would take is a superior replacement.

As someone who never purchases anything other than the default controller for the system, since I feel I wasted too much money on peripherals during the Wii era, I'm a bit anxious at how well Smash will play with the Joycon grip. The small controller probably won't feel particularly comfortable. Even though it was harder to execute Smash attacks with the Wii U GamePad, the large controller at least felt comfortable to play Smash with for extended periods of time.

Quin

Disaster Master
Probably not. The quality of the control stick of the joycons is already pretty bad compared to other controllers. Same as the button and build quality.
I'm already not touching my joycons now, so I won't for smash either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom