• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would It Be Cool to Have Superbosses in Zelda?

Lately I've been somewhat disappointed in the difficulty of bosses in Zelda games. I feel like Nintendo is dialing it down for newer fans who may not have honed their skills through countless other Zelda titles in the past, which is fine; I just think it might be neat to have some absurdly strong optional superbosses as a final challenge, as one might see in other fantasy game series' (such as Final Fantasy). Do you think you would like to have something like that in future Zelda games? Post your opinions below (or don't, it's not like I can do anything about it).

I'd love to have extra bosses. Most bosses are insanely hard if you cant figure out what you're supposed to do. But when you do figure it out, they become incredibly easy. Maybe the optional bosses could unlock cosmetic items like different tunics, or unique treasures to upgrade items, or just the usual rupees ;p

T

The Wind Fish

Yes, if they were secret and if they were super strong like ruby weapon

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
I think that would be a great idea. Every Mario RPG so far has had optional bosses, and I'd love to see something similar in a Zelda game.

G

GoronVSLink

I am just glad there are mini bosses in the latest games, such as the black knights and flying lizards from Twilight, just to spice up the games, before the real boss battles begin!

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
I don't really mind the difficulty of most bosses now. However, I want a really epic final boss battle. I want it to be so you really have to be good, and learn something throughout the game. I would want final boss to knock you down to three hearts at least once because I want another reason to remember the game, and a reason to beat it over and over again.

Except this would be for more hardcore gamers, because some people might want a hard to beat boss, not a brutal boss. I really think that this would be more fun and make the game more memorable.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
that would have been a nice addition. most of the bosses were a tad easy (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SCORPION THING). i was also disappointed there was no Cave of Ordeals in SS, too

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, optional bosses that are a bit harder than the regular ones would be a nice addition, maybe along with optional dungeons too. But they shouldn't be totally impossible to beat like fx Shinryuu from FF5, that was way over the top, even massive savestate exploitation didn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom