• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would It Be Cool if Zelda Dungeon Made an App?

I think it would be nice if ZD made an app for iOS and android! It could help get more news out and would be another way to get their name out!! Let me know what y'all think comment blow!

Dan

I think it would be nice if ZD made an app for iOS and android! It could help get more news out and would be another way to get their name out!! Let me know what y'all think comment blow!

I don't see the point in creating a separate app myself. ZD runs fine in a mobile web browser, so I don't see the point in spending time and effort creating a separate web app for it. If you want your news quicker get an RSS app.

I don't see the point in creating a separate app myself. ZD runs fine in a mobile web browser, so I don't see the point in spending time and effort creating a separate web app for it. If you want your news quicker get an RSS app.
This is true!

There's always the Tapatalk app that lets you manage and post on all of the forums you visit. Though the last timue I checked, the app doesn't support ZD/DGN, but perhaps there's a way to do so? The app can be found on the Google Play Store vía Android devices - at least, that's where I found it.

There's always the Tapatalk app that lets you manage and post on all of the forums you visit. Though the last timue I checked, the app doesn't support ZD/DGN, but perhaps there's a way to do so? The app can be found on the Google Play Store vía Android devices - at least, that's where I found it.
Ahh ok interesting!

Ganondork

goo
I have an app that runs ZD, actually. It's called ForumRunner, and it's actually atrocious. I don't like it in the least bit, as it only shows the forums, and nothing else. No front page, no blogs, nothing but the actual forum posts. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, especially because it costed me some money.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I have an app that runs ZD, actually. It's called ForumRunner, and it's actually atrocious. I don't like it in the least bit, as it only shows the forums, and nothing else. No front page, no blogs, nothing but the actual forum posts. I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone, especially because it costed me some money.

I agree, Forum Runner is attrocious. It doesn't even allow access to the Community forums, which angers me the most.

I seriously for a while thought about taking on this project and creating an Android app that would allow you to view and keep track of where you are in the walkthroughs, but doing this intuitively would require development on the sites backend given that the users can store where they are for multiple walkthroughs simultaneously as well as storing other notes. For example, If the user is playing MM, they might want to input and store the Bombers secret code when they get to that point in the walkthrough, and recall it when needed.

The problem with creating an app is time, and lack of communication/accessibility. The former problem relates to the fact that the code base for android development is constantly changing, and I doubt I would be able to finish it in a timely manner before things change. Trying to remedy it would consist of me first trying to create a mock-up of how I wanted everything to look (on all of the screens), and then the outline (i.e pseudocode, use case documentation, etc...) for everything I want the app to have and do. The latter relates to not being able to get a hold of a webmaster when needed (usually for support) which inevitably would slow me down and drag the project. Open sourcing the app and working with a team would be ideal, but I think it would wind up like a lot of the Zelda fan games I see here from time to time, where the team slows down and eventually just abandons the project to move on to bigger and better things.

Fig

The Altruist
I believe there is an app known as Forum Runner for the IOS and Android markets, but I have always heard reports that it really is not efficient and doesn't provide the entire forum that you are currently using it for. I may not have something to say personally, but I am certain that there is a better approach to the entering the forums. Speaking of which, I occasionally enter the forums using my smart phone and I must say that going through the forums is exactly how I do so whenever I am I on my laptop. It is not as fast as my computer, but it really is reliable and still has a decent speed when loading. I actually believe the loading time is a bit faster than my computer, but I still don't think that Zelda Dungeon needs to have an app considering we are merely a walkthrough site and only corporations that have huge traffic only a daily basis such Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, CNN, etc. have the funding to make an app for their viewers.

I believe there is an app known as Forum Runner for the IOS and Android markets, but I have always heard reports that it really is not efficient and doesn't provide the entire forum that you are currently using it for. I may not have something to say personally, but I am certain that there is a better approach to the entering the forums. Speaking of which, I occasionally enter the forums using my smart phone and I must say that going through the forums is exactly how I do so whenever I am I on my laptop. It is not as fast as my computer, but it really is reliable and still has a decent speed when loading. I actually believe the loading time is a bit faster than my computer, but I still don't think that Zelda Dungeon needs to have an app considering we are merely a walkthrough site and only corporations that have huge traffic only a daily basis such Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, CNN, etc. have the funding to make an app for their viewers.

Ah yes :lol: we defiantly don't have funds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom