• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would grandma and Ariel ever see Link again?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What we see by the end of WW is Link joining Tetra & co to go searching for a new land. We see grandma and Ariel waving goodbye to Link. We know in ST it has been 100+ years since Tetra and Link set foot on wall to the new land. We never hear anything about grandma and Ariel again. So do you think the ending in WW when grandma and Ariel waved goodbye was the last time they saw Link or do you think Link came back to pick them up? Maybe to visit?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I doubt Nintendo cares at all, since ol' Shiggy is very anti-story in games. My own headcannon would be that they left forever though... I don't think Grandma could handle a long journey at sea at her age, so maybe after she died, Aryll could come with Link, but I doubt he ever came back

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I got the impression that it was a goodbye forever sort of thing. Link and Tetra might find a new land somewhere, but folks like Link's grandma seem condemned to die atop what might as well be hilltops at the end of Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom