• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Zelda Combo

what are the worst two zelda games to play in a row?

MC and LTTP seem alike but after a beat mc for like the fifth time i decided to play lttp again and it was soo hard?

is this what I get for playing too many newer zelda games or has anything like this ever happened to you.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
ooot then tp because they use different targeting methods one where you push the button once and the other where you hold it down but you can change that. so i guess i go with what Apple said

I think mine would be the Wind Waker to Ocarina of Time. I got a little too used to changing the camera freely so when i went back in Ocarina of Time to finish it 100%, I kept using the second analog stick on the Classic Controller to try to switch camera angles. I kept using up arrows and bombs...

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Whats strange is that..

I find the 2d games A LOT harder than the 3d games..

2 D
LoZ, AoL,aLttP,MC, Etc..

3 D
Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Windwaker, PH, TP

Zarom

The King
Well, for me it's with Wind Waker and any other 3-D Zelda. For example, after just finishing OOT and MM in a row, then you get to WW and it takes a while to get used to the controls (at least for me :P.) Now you can move the camera freely, and some buttons don't do the same actions.
For example, to drop a bomb you have to press R, while in the other games it's the A button. But when you push that one in WW, Link throws the bomb :sweat:.

Anyway, that's pretty much it.

L

linkguy

Whatever you do, don't play TP or WW just before OOT or MM.
"Lemme put the camera over here- I JUST USED MY LAST ARROW AAAAARGH!"

DesertDweller

Love Truth
^^ What those guys have said

In WW I had a really bad habit of just circling the camera around and around and around. Sometimes people would tell me they would watch if I could just stop spinning the camera so much. I would do everywhere, while sailing, while running, while climbing a ladder; it was bad.

Needless to say this doesn't work out well in OoT or MM.

CZG

Go from The Minish Cap to The Legend of Zelda, that's even harder that A Link to the Past.
Go from a 3D Zelda, for example Ocarina of Time, to The Adventure of Link... that kills you.

But, these aren't really bad combinations, just quite hard / difficult.
But going from Minish Cap to another top view Zelda, and you will notice you can't roll around. Bummer!
Same goes from grabbing rupees with your sword, it doesn't work in A Link to the Past... Darn!

A few of those things, but nothing big.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Hahah, Pocket Asian said it. WW then OoT/MM... the other way around is not as catastrophic, but still annoying. Damn that c-stick :D
I guess it'd be the same if I had TP on GC, but I don't. I think it's worst when you use the same handset, but the button functions are changed... by that logic MC to any earlier game with a handheld version would also be bad as well >.<

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
My worst is TP to OOT/MM.

It is overly painful from going to a decent and fun to use system of Arrow aiming to the somewhat difficult if you aren't auto targeting system that is OOT/MM.

4VaatiTurtle

I would say LTTP then Four Swords. Imagine how confused you would be if those were your first zelda games to ever play.....heh. But yeah, LTTP is just not the best game. And its very confusing. then, four swords, you have vaati, which will throw you off if you played it right after LTTP.

Heh, right now I'm playing through Majora's Mask after having last been playing Wind Waker for a week or so. It took an hour or so to fully adjust back to the not using C to change camera... I remember being in Woodfall and trying to look to the right only to take off the Deku Mask or pull out a stick or something. I guess it's a good thing I've taken a habit of generally assigning things like the bow or hookshot to C down in Majora's Mask, most of the time.

L

Lesella

for me the worst would be TP then ST/PH or TP then OoT, for some reson my brain does not register the fact that Im using different controls and I attemp to shake the DS or the gamecube/N64 controller

Any of the modern Zelda games followed immediately by one of the old 2D ones... unless you've played them both before.

You'll be shocked at the differences in design, sometimes gameplay, and difficulty. Also if you prefer fancy graphics, etc., you might get upset at the more primitive visuals. But particularly I'm thinking of the difficulty. If you just played WW or TP without totally owning the game, then you played LoZ, AoL or ALttP, you're going to get crushed.

But other than that I can't say any of the games are bad to play in any order. And the example I gave only applies in certain circumstances, obviously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom