• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Way to Die in a Video Game

Megaman: Touching spikes at full health
Castlevania: Get hit by a medusa head when you're walking on stairs
Sonic: Running at full speed and all of the sudden you're stopped by a wall an then a block crush you

I think one of the worst ways to die is when you're playing in a fighting game and the death blow is like a jab or some other anti-climatic move, also in ssb in particular when you are at full or little damage and someone grabs the ledge and kills you... lame.

Most ways to die in the Metal Gear Solid games. In the first one you can be electrocuted, blown up, and poisoned by way of gas chamber. some of the more embarrassing ones in MGS2: Sons of Liberty are slipping on bird droppings and drowning as a result, getting blown up by a fat man on roller skates, getting shot while running around naked, and thinking that you died when the fake game over screen appears causing you to actually die when you let your guard down. In MGS3: Snake Eater, the entire world is out to kill you. You can get killed by traps, burned alive, fall off of things (namely a mountain), be poisoned by enemies (and yourself), die from a fake death pill, and, if remember correctly, from falling off of a ladder from a height of a few inches.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
This isn't exactly a way to DIE, but I was playing Majora's Mask once and got so annoyed with something, I threw the controller down, yanking the Wii right out of the shelf, unplugging it and not saving. I was sent all the way back to the beginning of the temple :(

So, the game being unplugged without saving.

Any game: When you have the healing item ready to go and you just can't take it in time.

That's when I go into anaphylactic shock.

When you die repeatedly under identical circumstances, and when you find out what was killing you, you realize how much of an idiot you were for not recognizing it. This happened to me at the very start of the campaign of Modern Warfare 3. It would start, I would attempt to cross the street, and I would get insta-killed. After around 8-10 deaths, I realized I was being run over by a friendly tank.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hmm...another absolutely horrid way to die is when you're fighting a boss and you're on a roll...only to get destroyed by his/her desperation attack. I've an example of this:
[video=youtube;AJEklnuFoAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEklnuFoAw[/video]

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
QTE's..
tumblr_lni311yas41qbcs8io1_500.gif

I hate them! They ruin everything! Push the wrong button and not only will you have to sit through a long death scene, but you'll ruin your score. *cough* Resident Evil 6 *cough*

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Hmm...another absolutely horrid way to die is when you're fighting a boss and you're on a roll...only to get destroyed by his/her desperation attack. I've an example of this:
[video=youtube;AJEklnuFoAw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJEklnuFoAw[/video]

Thanks for making wanting to go play this.

Gotta beat the other data forms, I got lucky with marluxia's lol

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
biggoron_sword said:
This happened to me at the very start of the campaign of Modern Warfare 3. It would start, I would attempt to cross the street, and I would get insta-killed. After around 8-10 deaths, I realized I was being run over by a friendly tank.

Dontcha just HATE IT when those scripted sequences get in the way of playing your game?
(in Modern Warfare's case I use the term "game" loosely)

Ventus said:
another absolutely horrid way to die is when you're fighting a boss and you're on a roll...only to get destroyed by his/her desperation attack.
*exasperated sigh* Square Enix :yuck:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In Skyrim!

While trying for ages to parkour up a giant mountain with my trust horse, I was near the top when suddenly a dragon appeared out of nowhere and knocked me off :mad:

Never played Skyrim since.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom