• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Way to Die in a Video Game

now that I'm working I've found myself playing a lot more video games in my spare time to stay sane and take my mind from the terrible times i'm having recently....

One of those games is Mario 3D land.. mario has been dive bombing in appeal to me since Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2, NSMB wii and DS 1 and 2 as well as 3D Land really havent filled me with joy...

One of the things that i find annoying is that the levels have become nothing more than floating assault courses... i've not died through enemies kicking the life out of me, it has always been down a hole...

So i'm wondering, outside of Mario, in any games you can think of, which is the worst worst way to die? which way do you really dislike to die in a game?

For me its plummeting down a hole on a jump that looked easy. At least in battle you went out fighting, but how about you guys?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I guess the worst way to die would be something that happens over and over again. For example, in Skyward Sword's Skyview Temple, I was trying to jump to a vine, but I kept missing and falling into the bottomless pit below. This happened about six times in a row. The worst way to die in my opinion is repeatedly failing to accomplish something that should be simple. It's just so... aggravating.

Dan

I think the worst ways to die are getting impaled by spike. I remember how gruesome I found all the spike traps in tomb raider, and how I wasn't even aware there were spikes in certain areas, just hearing the noise of coming out of the ground and lara's grunt. Pretty powerful stuff in my eyes.
Second worst way to die is getting your *** handed to you by a deku baba, then having to live with the shame for the rest of your life, becoming an outcast to your family, and finally becoming an alcoholic tramp, scrounging change off the streets.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Which way do you really dislike to die in a game?
Interesting question. There are many ways I dislike dying, whether it's due to unfair odds or miscalculations on my part. But, I recorded my most hated way to die: when you're within inches of victory.

[video=youtube;iVGuZzqCRcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGuZzqCRcc&feature=plcp[/video]

When you're JUST about to win, then the enemy pulls some desperation attack that sends you flying. It's the worst!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
In Mario games, when you try to go super fast to impress or finish the game in a matter of seconds. You fail to epically win your goal. I hate that. It's very embarrassing. Or when you try to do amazing moves, Mario has to slip on the move.

In Legend of Zelda games, you try to do impressive sword movements to impress somebody, either the enemy gets no effect by the slash or you miss the enemy. Those are all embarrassing ways to die in games like these.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I think the worst way to die is when you've just finished a series of events allowing you to progress further, and then a) you die due to falling off a ledge, or b) you die due to a weak/pathetic enemy attacking you when your back is turned. Both of these events are highly embarrassing/irratating and cause you to start all over again.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Well, when I originally looked at this topic, my first thought was, "I hate dying in a game, when you haven't saved in a LONG time, and death brings you to your last save."
(That really bites by the way)

But then I read the first post, and I realized that's not what you were talking about, so I re-considered... And I have to say, I think the worst WAY to die, in any video game I a have played, would be in Dead Space, when those- tiny- spider-like necromorphs tear your head off, and use your body to become "one of them"... that- just seems like a terrible way to die, period. >_>

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Fallout NV, going in a cave which was located high up a mountain, because of a side quest of getting emergency rations, radiated food and medical kit.

Seeing one of those three behind a metal bars with a lock on it. Lockpicked the and going past the metal bars...*snap*...."did i hear something? oh well let me grab the stuff and get out of here so i can finish the stupid sidequest...wait a sec...GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE FUUUUUUUU!" and then BOOOOOOOOOOOM! *limbs flying*

"why did i forgot that there can be booby traps in the game? especialy those nasty tripwires connected to multimple grenades?" loading screen done...
"OH NOEZ I DISABLED ANNOYING AUTOSAVE BUT MY LAST MANUAL SAVE WAS BEFORE THE WHOLE SIDEQUEST! NOW I GOT TO FIND MY WAY UP THAT STUPID MOUNTAIN AGAIN!"

* throws controller on bed* "not dealing with this again...no way!"

And thats my story of my worst death in video games.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
Which way do you really dislike to die in a game?
Interesting question. There are many ways I dislike dying, whether it's due to unfair odds or miscalculations on my part. But, I recorded my most hated way to die: when you're within inches of victory.

[video=youtube;iVGuZzqCRcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVGuZzqCRcc&feature=plcp[/video]

When you're JUST about to win, then the enemy pulls some desperation attack that sends you flying. It's the worst!
Something that is very prevailent within the Kingdom hearts series, especially with Organization XIII

either when you're RIGHT by a check point or just in a stupid, needless situation. Once when I was playing RDR, I got done hunting for like 3 hours and I was heading back to town when my horse glitched out and sent me flying into the river. All that time wasted... ; ;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom